• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,065 posts in this topic

usa5.jpg

When I originally got this book I didn't much care for it. The story line-up is not that good. The Victory Boys....how lame! The completeist in me viewed it as a hole filler.

But over the years it has really grown on me.

usa12.jpg

I can't for the life of me remember where I got this book.

Is anyone missing one?......Just kidding!

Wow!! I don't like many Timely's, but I sure like Daring Mystery! And that one's a beaut!!

What did sacentaur possibly get in return for that?? It better not have just been cash....

I might have thrown in a hug.

Not to mention the best piece of advice I was ever given, "Try to get a nude picture of your wife while she's still young because you won't want one later".

(simply stunning books, Richard :golfclap:)

Wow!! I don't like many Timely's, but I sure like Daring Mystery! And that one's a beaut!!

What did sacentaur possibly get in return for that?? It better not have just been cash....

I might have thrown in a hug.

Not to mention the best piece of advice I was ever given, "Try to get a nude picture of your wife while she's still young because you won't want one later".

(simply stunning books, Richard :golfclap:)

I think you have me confused with someone else, Steve.

daring6.jpg

This was one of the last issues I needed to complete the run. In 1993 I did a trade with Stephen at Metropolis for a Forbidden Planet one sheet I had hanging on the living room wall. I think even now, they are valued about the same.

:o(worship)(worship) One of my all-time favorite S&K covers. That's a spectacular copy you have there, Richard.

Angelo

usa12.jpg

That was mine Richard. Remember, you asked me to hold on to 25 Shadowhawk # 1s in exchange. I think its time for us to swap back.

It is slowly coming back to me.....those were second prints, right?

usa12.jpg

That was mine Richard. Remember, you asked me to hold on to 25 Shadowhawk # 1s in exchange. I think its time for us to swap back.

It is slowly coming back to me.....those were second prints, right?

Actually, it was Shadowhawk II # 1. You swore they would pay for your retirement, and were much better investments than those crappy Timelys you got stuck with. :kidaround:

usa12.jpg

not sure why, but this one is almost always found in crappy condition. pretty books, you big geek.

and he doesn't lie--that daring 8 is about the best looking funny-book you ever saw in person. so glad i thumbed it up real good a few months ago before it was off to cgc [i was pretty careful, it only lost about a quarter-grade by the time all was said and done].

New Timelys just back from CGC. To say I am happy is very much an understatement....

daring4.jpg

Got this book many moons ago from sacentaur. The Schomburg cover is awesome!

Now THAT is one killer book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (worship)

New Timelys just back from CGC. To say I am happy is very much an understatement....

daring4.jpg

Now THAT is one killer book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (worship)

WOW!!! I concur. I just hate Timelys with white pages. :o

daring4.jpg

That just might be the most beautiful Golden Age book that I've ever seen. Not just condition, but the content and composition of the cover are AWESOME! (thumbs u

daring8.jpg

This is one of those books that the number grade really doesn't do justice. It has three small water drop stains on the back cover. Oh well, it looks amazing! One of the few non-Captain America Simon and Kirby covers. Interesting logo and color combo. And a killer line-up of obscure Timely characters. I don't care what anyone says, Daring 7 and 8 are great books!

Richard, I really like 7.5 books like that with water drop stains. Will you sell it to me (really)?

That just might be the most beautiful Golden Age book that I've ever seen. Not just condition, but the content and composition of the cover are AWESOME! (thumbs u

I agree, that's one of the best covers around. Early Schomburg was fantastic :cloud9: . So was simple painted Schomburg :cloud9: . But those garish, busy, cartoonish Schomburgs so prevalent throughout the mid-40's Timelys? Ugh :P .

daring4.jpg

Stunning book Richard. Just wonderful. Incredible cover, great artist line up. A very historic non-key Timely!

DARING is my fav Timely run, by far. The "obscurity" factor has always appealed to me.

Now, if you ever come across an affordable DARING #5 in your travels (or a #4 for that matter)... :hi:

And feel free to post any of your other DARINGs as well ... that #6 shore wuz purty...

A dealer had a very attractive pedigree copy of this issue for sale many moons ago and it was affordable and I had money in my pocket. I managed to let someone talk me out of getting it because it didn't have one of the big 3 Timely superheroes. Some of these early Schomburg's are good in the same way that the early AMF Bill Everett covers are good and I am going to kick myself again this evening for not getting it. Super nice copy, Sir Bedrock!

daring4.jpg

Edited by adamstrange