• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,082 posts in this topic

I already posted this in the Gerber 7 - and - higher thread.

I have to admit I haven't looked at all 332 pages of this Timely thread yet, so there is probably a better example of this book already up, but just in case....

MarvelMystery9.jpg

Collectron, there is no such thing as a "better example" of MM9, the book is in a class by itself and every copy, no matter what the condition, will always get a :applause: :applause: or a (worship) (worship) from the people that read this thread.

There's always Time for another Timely!

I have to admit I haven't looked at all 332 pages of this Timely thread yet, so there is probably a better example of this book already up, but just in case....

MarvelMystery9.jpg

Collectron, there is no such thing as a "better example" of MM9, the book is in a class by itself and every copy, no matter what the condition, will always get a :applause: :applause: or a (worship) (worship) from the people that read this thread.

Yup (thumbs u No need to be apologetic about posting that one!

MarvelMystery9.jpg

Yup (thumbs u No need to be apologetic about posting that one!

And I love the writing on the cover. Sometime, decades ago, some kid named Russell got this book from Beverly Jean, who must've been one cool dame.

ca82407b.jpg

a few from this month's "haul"...between SD, Chicago and some friends (143ksk, xavier logan to name a couple), I am happy to have had a chance to pick these up!

and, they are all in my sweet spot...vg to fine range...

gator

gator

Edited by Detective27Kid

MarvelMystery9.jpg

Forget the Larson,Chicago,and even the Church copy.I absolutely adore this well loved copy.Thanks so much for sharing.Any chance you have any other books from this collection?

ca82407b.jpg

a few from this month's "haul"...between SD, Chicago and some friends, I am happy to have had a chance to pick these up!

gator

That's a beautiful group of red & yellow books,way to go gator!! :headbang: When you knock out the rest of the run,you'll have to rent Billy Parkers library loft for a full run group shot.

ca82407b.jpg

a few from this month's "haul"...between SD, Chicago and some friends (143ksk, xavier logan to name a couple), I am happy to have had a chance to pick these up!

gator

gator

A single month? That's sick. Amazing, but sick. :sorry:

ca82407b.jpg

gator

gator

For Gator, 21 Caps is a slow month....... :gossip:

ca82407b.jpg

gator

gator

yeah, I seriously started collecting Caps last month before SD (I had picked up a couple before them from some friends)...I think there are 6 or so at CGC now that I bought in SD and Chicago (I like to buy them raw, and read them, then send to CGC for resto check/slabbing)....I still need 27 issues, but have managed to find 48 of them (I am only collecting 1-75) that were in my desired range (again, I love vg to fine books, but will occasionally buy higher or lower as the "mood" strikes me)...I could complete the run with high grade, but that is some serious dinero, and that restricts my purchases...I just love the books, and I like to be able to "handle" them, so I rather spend , say $X on 4 vg books, than $x on 1 high grade (no offense Bedrock!)...

just floats my boat!

thanks friends, for the kind words...half the fun is the hunt, half the fun is the books, and the last half is sharing them with your peers and friends!

gator

Edited by Detective27Kid

MarvelMystery9.jpg

Forget the Larson,Chicago,and even the Church copy.I absolutely adore this well loved copy.Thanks so much for sharing.Any chance you have any other books from this collection?

I bet you do love that copy XL :baiting:

ca82407b.jpg

gator

gator

yeah, I seriously started collecting Caps last month before SD (I had picked up a couple before them from some friends)...I think there are 6 or so at CGC now that I bought in SD and Chicago (I like to buy them raw, and read them, then send to CGC for resto check/slabbing)....I still need 27 issues, but have managed to find 48 of them (I am only collecting 1-75) that were in my desired range (again, I love vg to fine books, but will occasionally buy higher or lower as the "mood" strikes me)...I could complete the run with high grade, but that is some serious dinero, and that restricts my purchases...I just love the books, and I like to be able to "handle" them, so I rather spend , say $X on 4 vg books, than $x on 1 high grade (no offense Bedrock!)...

just floats my boat!

thanks friends, for the kind words...half the fun is the hunt, half the fun is the books, and the last half is sharing them with your peers and friends!

gator

It takes some serious dough to put a 1-75 run in any grade