• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,065 posts in this topic

Got these in the mail today from two different sellers, my first Timely westerns...

Those are all strong, energetic covers. I see the Syd Shores in all 3 of those but was surprised that they list Everett as a co-conspirator on two of them.

Got these in the mail today from two different sellers, my first Timely westerns...

Those are all strong, energetic covers. I see the Syd Shores in all 3 of those but was surprised that they list Everett as a co-conspirator on two of them.

The guy with the branding iron on the cover of #2 looks alot like Everett now that you mention it, and the hands of the guys with their backs to us on both #2 and #3 have an Everett feel - so I'm guessing the foreground characters were his contribution.

We have gone to long with out a picture in the Timely thread. Which I might add is the thread of Gods and Kings!

A couple little boxed group shots!

group2.jpgGroup1.jpg

mmmmmmmm.......Timely Goodness, its like fresh Chocolate cookies! :cloud9:

Edited by mr.schomburg

I was going to post this in the "Confessions of a Crack Addict" thread, but figured Timely geeks would get more utils out of this than just a good ol' fashioned crackhead. :baiting:

It was an absolute joy going through this book the other night after I freed it from its synthetic coffin to breathe a little. (Sorry Alan, I just couldn't wait.) It was like sipping a nice glass of scotch. Enjoy!:

chicagosub002.jpg

If you've never seen it, this is what the Olshevsky/Chicago code looks like. It is usually about a third of the way in, on the inside margin:

chicagosub004.jpg

I thought this was a really cool visual when I was flipping through this book:

chicagosub003.jpg

I was going to post this in the "Confessions of a Crack Addict" thread, but figured Timely geeks would get more utils out of this than just a good ol' fashioned crackhead. :baiting:

It was an absolute joy going through this book the other night after I freed it from its synthetic coffin to breathe a little. (Sorry Alan, I just couldn't wait.) It was like sipping a nice glass of scotch. Enjoy!:

chicagosub002.jpg

If you've never seen it, this is what the Olshevsky/Chicago code looks like. It is usually about a third of the way in, on the inside margin:

Sweet! (worship)

West

chicagosub002.jpg

chicagosub004.jpg

chicagosub003.jpg

:o(worship) Dennis, you never cease to amaze me. That's a gorgeous copy, my friend. Has anyone decifered what all the numbers in the code stand for?

Angelo

chicagosub002.jpg

WOW!! That's a beautiful Chicago copy.Makes me wonder why on earth George ever decided to sell them.

Sweet books! What's the grade on the Cap 9?

Angelo

it is blue 6.5... looks nice :)

gator

cap 9 has a special place in my heart--my very first timely. still got it; wouldn't think of upgrading that one.

Sweet books! What's the grade on the Cap 9?

Angelo

it is blue 6.5... looks nice :)

gator

cap 9 has a special place in my heart--my very first timely. still got it; wouldn't think of upgrading that one.

you told me the story over the phone, but I could have sworn you teared up recounting it to me :)

3 weeks to go between the big showdown!

gator