• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,063 posts in this topic

I don't normally do this but I've been paying off this book for a while and I'm finally in the home stretch. Since I'm going on vacation I won't be receiving the book for a couple more weeks...and I just don't feel like waiting any longer to show it. Highest graded, white pages, kick arse yellow cover....what's not to like? Oh yeah, that it was owned by Bedrock.

:whistle:

Thanks a mil Richard!!

HumanTorch119_2white.jpg

Beautiful HT #11!!! I don't know what it is, but that is such a strong cover. Just awesome in any grade.

And, it is extra noteworthy as it does come from the Bedrock collection ... I saw some of his books this weekend and man, they were two boxes of some of the most outstanding examples of GA I'll ever see.

Sincere congrats!!

bought at Mega con last weekend...originated from QualityComix via Harley Yee...

aw11-1.jpg

I want it! Ever since the poster of that image came out years ago, I've wanted a copy. If you ever decide to part with it, please let me know!

bought at Mega con last weekend...originated from QualityComix via Harley Yee...

aw11-1.jpg

I want it! Ever since the poster of that image came out years ago, I've wanted a copy. If you ever decide to part with it, please let me know!

:makepoint:

and I am trying to get your issue #8... lol

aw11-1.jpg

We're doomed! :cry:

aw11-1.jpg

We're doomed! :cry:

I was thinking the same thing lol

here is the reason I am selling (trying) my 8.5 slight AS 1....

as180-1.jpg

One of the all-time great Schomburg covers! (worship)

aw11-1.jpg

And to think I had first shot at the book before anyone else, and passed it up....

doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh!

aw11-1.jpg

And to think I had first shot at the book before anyone else, and passed it up....

doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh!

Had I only been more pushy about digging through the boxes while Brent was setting up, I would have might have bought it. Unlikely since I was on a strict budget, but that book is cool enough to get out the American Express.

what is even funnier, is that I bought the book from harley, after harley had just bought it from brent, not realizing that brent had previously offered it to me for much less, and I spaced! :sumo:

aw11-1.jpg

That cover from a few VCC's ago just blew me away and I've been looking for a copy ever since!

what is even funnier, is that I bought the book from harley, after harley had just bought it from brent, not realizing that brent had previously offered it to me for much less, and I spaced! :sumo:

Ditto. Brent was willing to give me a decent discount during set-up and I spaced as well. I liked the book in person, thought it was a 6.5/7.0 with great appeal, but then I just went back into the boxes looking for "high grade" all the while passing up that beautiful Schomburg cover.

Geez, I'm such a '.... :insane: