• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,098 posts in this topic

Nice books, Issue #5 is on my eventual want list. Have this one on hold:

: It would have been cooler if Subby was not holding an anti-flame gun on the Torch 8...!

"anti-flame gun" would that be a water pistol ? confused-smiley-013.gif

Great pickup Surfer. 893applaud-thumb.gif I love that HT # 8 cover and think it could be designated a classic. Better than the HT #5 and every bit as good as MM #9 IMO.

Hold on Durgen08! The Torch 8 is great, but not as great as the MM9 cool.gif It would have been cooler if Subby was not holding an anti-flame gun on the Torch 8...Schomburg shoulda made them in hand to hand combat over the GW bridge!

But, I do agree that the 8 is better than the HT 5 by a long shot!

Yeah I agree about the water pistol, they should have just left that one out and put a steel girder in his hands instead.

Great pickup Surfer. 893applaud-thumb.gif I love that HT # 8 cover and think it could be designated a classic. Better than the HT #5 and every bit as good as MM #9 IMO.

Hold on Durgen08! The Torch 8 is great, but not as great as the MM9 cool.gif It would have been cooler if Subby was not holding an anti-flame gun on the Torch 8...Schomburg shoulda made them in hand to hand combat over the GW bridge!

Yeah I agree about the water pistol, they should have just left that one out and put a steel girder in his hands instead.

yah, and I love the swinging pose of the Torch. Amazing Schomburg!

Here are my All Selects...#1 and #2 are the BEST covers in the whole 11 issue run in my opinion...the #3 is ok too..I don't think I could ever get sick of looking at All Select #1....arguably the BEST Cap cover ever done. Enjoy!

allSelect1front.jpg

All_Select__2_FC.jpg

Pt, wow great books, I too love All Select 1, top five all time covers, and my favorite cap cover of all time. I need both, someday, someday....

Thanks Schommy! And here are my USA 7s..another GREAT Schomburg Cap cover...I tell you, if Bucky wasn't hanging on to Cap's shoulder, this cover would not be as great as it is!

USA7FC.jpg

DTA-TampaCopyVG.jpg

Edited by Primetime

Sold this book to Cage. It is the Olshevsky copy.

S

But not the Chicago copy, right? Cuz if it is the Chicago copy, I'm gonna have a knipsh-t.... in a positive way.

If it was the Chicago,I'd think Mark Haspel would've identified it from the code.Could have missed it though,guess you'll have to crack it out to be sure 27_laughing.gif

I would tend to agree with you, Xavier. But I recall a decent amount of Chicago books that were part of the White Rose collection were not originally tagged as pedigreed. Since then, some of these books were resubmitted as the Chicago and were confirmed and designated accordingly. So, who knows? Only the man they call "S" from NYC could provide me with the right info on this particular book. gossip.gifflowerred.gif

If Steve told you it was the Olshevsky copy I'm pretty certain he meant that it was a Chicago copy.

Here are my All Selects...#1 and #2 are the BEST covers in the whole 11 issue run in my opinion...the #3 is ok too..I don't think I could ever get sick of looking at All Select #1....arguably the BEST Cap cover ever done. Enjoy!

I love both of those All Selects, PT! And if there is a better image of Cap, I haven't seen it. 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I love both of those All Selects, PT! And if there is a better image of Cap, I haven't seen it. 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

1292014-cap_breasts.jpg

gossip.gif Hater.

Motor city man, that is one of my favs as well, nice book. I need that one, how about an early easter present for the schommy yay.gif

how about a chocolate rabbit? i remember seeing this on a postcard set or something when i was 13. i had to have it! i don't think i can afford an upgrade either sorry.gif

I figured my opinion wouldn't be shared by most. Just to clarify, MM #9 is the much more significant & rare book which makes it much more appealing than the HT #8, however just judging the cover images only I think they are about equally impressive. cool.gif

Great books Primetime! I agree 1 & 2 are the best covers in the run. I don't see issue #2 very often, very cool. thumbsup2.gif

You know what is a shame, not that it makes your book unworhty(I would still take it in a New York minute) Is the color I can see, really didn't improve the books appearance, and would have looked as good or better with out it.

I totally agree with you. I usually never buy a book that has this type of work, but I made an exception here. smile.gif

I figured my opinion wouldn't be shared by most. Just to clarify, MM #9 is the much more significant & rare book which makes it much more appealing than the HT #8, however just judging the cover images only I think they are about equally impressive. cool.gif

Yer right Brian! the cover images on both are still awesome!

Great books Primetime! I agree 1 & 2 are the best covers in the run. I don't see issue #2 very often, very cool. thumbsup2.gif

Thanks! The duece is tougher to find that the # 1...