• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,075 posts in this topic

mystic4.jpg

I honestly don't remember where I got this book. It was in the early '90s. It was the last one I needed to complete the run. It wasn't sold to me as the San Francicso. The Tom Reilly stamp is buried in the black and white back cover and you really have to look to find it. Matt Nelson pointed it out to me one day when he was going through my books. Frisco or not it is an IMPOSSIBLE book to get in grade. I think the next highest is a 4.5.

i was there when it was pointed out--wasn't mattie. it was a bird from a more northern clime. a very excitable bird.

Do tell ...... gossip.gif

mystic4.jpg

I honestly don't remember where I got this book. It was in the early '90s. It was the last one I needed to complete the run. It wasn't sold to me as the San Francicso. The Tom Reilly stamp is buried in the black and white back cover and you really have to look to find it. Matt Nelson pointed it out to me one day when he was going through my books. Frisco or not it is an IMPOSSIBLE book to get in grade. I think the next highest is a 4.5.

i was there when it was pointed out--wasn't mattie. it was a bird from a more northern clime. a very excitable bird.

Do tell ...... gossip.gif

gotcha; Parker, P.I.

mystic4.jpg

You are sooo right! Credit where credit is due. Thanks go to Mr. Elsenpeter.

Now, why did I know that Peter would be chimming in as soon as I saw this book pop up! It is a nice one!

Also I gotta say Mr. Bedrock, nice books keep them coming

Paul

Thanks! I will try and get some more stuff up later in the week.

mm46.jpg

Got this from the Heritage White Rose sale. This was before Crippens were such a big deal. The original holder had "D Copy" on it. (I used to crack everything out of the holders, but a divorce, and grimey comic geek hands, changed my thinking.) While I know there are rarer Marvel Mystery issues I don't think any are as tough to pry out of people's hands as the issues from 36 - 48. All have GREAT covers and all are really undervalued in the guide. I paid over $6000.00 for this but I had never seen a copy (yes, I said any copy) available in high grade. I think this may still be the highest on the census. No, it ain't for sale!

Good lord that's a sweet book. Just stunning.

Rich, when are you going start showing us your good books?

Just kidding... your books kick serious @ss. I still remember that pic of all your Timely's on display for the Diamond collector of the week years ago. That was awesome!

West

mm46.jpg

Got this from the Heritage White Rose sale. This was before Crippens were such a big deal. The original holder had "D Copy" on it. (I used to crack everything out of the holders, but a divorce, and grimey comic geek hands, changed my thinking.) While I know there are rarer Marvel Mystery issues I don't think any are as tough to pry out of people's hands as the issues from 36 - 48. All have GREAT covers and all are really undervalued in the guide. I paid over $6000.00 for this but I had never seen a copy (yes, I said any copy) available in high grade. I think this may still be the highest on the census. No, it ain't for sale!

Just kidding... your books kick serious @ss. I still remember that pic of all your Timely's on display for the Diamond collector of the week years ago. That was awesome!

West

Thanks West. I started going through this thread from the beginning when I first got on here and I seem to remember some awesome books of yours there at the start. By the way, I have your old All Winners 4. I will post it later this week. I traded you a Mile High Detective in the 110 - 130 range for it at Wonder-Con in the mid '90s.

mm46.jpg

West

Thanks West. I started going through this thread from the beginning when I first got on here and I seem to remember some awesome books of yours there at the start. By the way, I have your old All Winners 4. I will post it later this week. I traded you a Mile High Detective in the 110 - 130 range for it at Wonder-Con in the mid '90s.

Hokey Smokes! That's a heck of a copy! hail.gif

West, I have said this before, but after spending 3 days of drooling over this entire thread start to finish, I have to say.......Your books rock! Along with all of the others who have shared and posted. I can't believe how many high grade timely super hero books you have, hell to have them at all let alone in high grade.

I have looked through many times since joining the boards, but never took the time to check out all posts on this thread, I am still in shock! Between you PT, Billy P, Mr. Bedrock, and few others there is enough high grade to match the gross national product of a small 3rd world country.

Thank you for starting my favorite thread, and sharing your passion of Timely's, one which I share.

Paul

Richard was kind enough to talk with me about this book at Mega-Con. Let's just say it would take your 5.5 AND a REALLY big wad of cash to get him to part with it. thumbsup2.gif

If i was going to unload a big wad of cash it certainly would be for this book. Are you saying a might have a glimmer of hope. cloud9.gif

You do realize your quickly eroding your own negotiating position, don't you? tongue.gif

mm46.jpg

West

I remember that trade. It was in San Diego and the book was Detective #121. BTW... The All Winners #4 is also the photo-journal copy. I got it from Verzyl who got it from Slobodian.

West

West, I have said this before, but after spending 3 days of drooling over this entire thread start to finish, I have to say.......Your books rock! Along with all of the others who have shared and posted. I can't believe how many high grade timely super hero books you have, hell to have them at all let alone in high grade.

I have looked through many times since joining the boards, but never took the time to check out all posts on this thread, I am still in shock! Between you PT, Billy P, Mr. Bedrock, and few others there is enough high grade to match the gross national product of a small 3rd world country.

Thank you for starting my favorite thread, and sharing your passion of Timely's, one which I share.

Paul

Thanks for the compliments, I'm glad you enjoy the books as much as we do. It is nice to have "new blood" coming on the boards sharing their passion and love of the hobby and leaving the other stuff behind.

West

hello all...

I was unaware of who the frisco man was until ciorac pointed it out to me...nice to have you on board J.E. (still loving those 4 MMC you were kind enough to let me relieve you of in MS last month!)

rick

youngallies4.jpg

Got this from Steve Borock at a Chicago Con back when he was still behind a table selling books.

kid2.jpg

Always liked this cover. Most of the Kid run doesn't do much for me. I think someone said before, if this cover was on another title it would be HUGE!

And one of the louder Marvel Mystery covers!

Talk about being LOUD - I feel like I'm being bombarded by a visual Timely bullhorn at point blank range!

Simply marvelous books, Rich... 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

STEVE