• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,063 posts in this topic

Tax refund... I wish.

This arrived this morning, form Comiclink! A grail off the list. The cover is a bit soiled, as is the interior, and there is some glue on the spine (at the staples) but its still totally readable, supple and complete!! I am totally excited about this one... its nice to see the battle in its original form (I have worn out my Fantasy Masterpieces reprint!).

I'm very happy with CLINK's grading ... seems bang on. Maybe the pages are a bit darker than described, but still nice and flexible. And their service was very good. Time payments, baby!! headbang.gif

Marvel #9:

1701547-MARVEL9Bpost.jpg

Damn they let you do time payments. I was just about to jump on that book after many failed attempts on EBay and else where and actually your picture looks better than the scan they had of the book. My ultimate grail. cloud9.gif

Tax refund... I wish.

This arrived this morning, form Comiclink! A grail off the list. The cover is a bit soiled, as is the interior, and there is some glue on the spine (at the staples) but its still totally readable, supple and complete!! I am totally excited about this one... its nice to see the battle in its original form (I have worn out my Fantasy Masterpieces reprint!).

I'm very happy with CLINK's grading ... seems bang on. Maybe the pages are a bit darker than described, but still nice and flexible. And their service was very good. Time payments, baby!! headbang.gif

Marvel #9:

1701547-MARVEL9Bpost.jpg

Damn they let you do time payments. I was just about to jump on that book after many failed attempts on EBay and else where and actually your picture looks better than the scan they had of the book. My ultimate grail. cloud9.gif

Thanks P5 and SilverSurfer... the book is very solid, although soiled inside and out, but consistently. Very tanned edges of the paper, but overall, no complaints!

Not to rub it in, but I was surprised the book sat on CLINK for as long as it did! I'm sure the fact it was raw had a lot to do with it. If it was CGC, it would have been long gone.

I work from home, so its very distracting to have that book sitting ten feet away from you!! I end up looking at it every couple of hours...

The asking price was high so I waited for an unrestored one show up (this is restored correct?). However, as we have seen only a couple have surfaced in the last 2 years and they have all gone through the roof (was underbidder twice frown.gif). Ryan if you ever want to unload it because you find a better copy let me know. thumbsup2.gif

My small but key group of Timely's ... most of these I have wanted for about 25 years, since I was a lad...

cloud9.gif

1701554-TIMELYgrouppost.jpg

...And a killer group shot of those Timelys! Man!

You will probably want to unload your Science Comics #3 and #4 at this point, as they clearly fall outside your collecting interest. wink.gif

Listers,

I took a couple of hours off and investigated this entire thread. Cool stuff gents.

Shockingly, not a single Subby #7. Is this book especially rare?

Anybody else got a copy? Condition?

Regards,

Greg Theakston

Pure Imagination

P.S. Have a scan but no idea how to post it from my computer. Help!

koko, here ya' go. but in case you like it, before saying so, be aware: IT'S A CRACKED AND RESUBBED 7.0!!!!!!!!!!!! aaaaaaaarggggggggh, aaaaaaaaarrrrrrgh. ok, i'm past that. and i really hate stealing the thunder of the sleuth-that-woulda-been that was going to find an old picture somewhere [i'm not sure it's anywhere, as i bought it at a chicago con and don't know where it was before] and be THE MAN of the minute. aw, i can't lie--i don't hate stealing his thunder. anyway, i bought the book with a botched spot of glue, had it reduced a good deal and resubbed it. so glad it went up. for all you that wouldn't buy the tainted p.o.s., be aware it will die with me and will therefore be my heirs problem.

sub7.jpg

My small but key group of Timely's ... most of these I have wanted for about 25 years, since I was a lad...

cloud9.gif

Sweet group! Do you have a bigger scan of the Red Raven?

I would love to get a copy of that first MSS pulp. I KNOW I saw that cover (and a few others) as a kid, but for the life of me I can't remember where. I am also not sure if they were the pulps themselves or just pictures in another book. It bothers me to this day, like a dream you can only half remember. crazy.gif

Hey Jon would you consider this to be one of the rarest and hardest to find Timely's?

I do not pretend to be an expert on this. Get Carey and Evans on that.....I have not bought Timelys in a while...but when I was Daring Mystery 2 "was said" to be the toughest....but mid numbers in Caps and MM may be tough also.

Frankly, I love the Daring Mystery 2 and Mystic 2 covers.....Just wonderful covers

Sweet group! Do you have a bigger scan of the Red Raven?

I would love to get a copy of that first MSS pulp. I KNOW I saw that cover (and a few others) as a kid, but for the life of me I can't remember where. I am also not sure if they were the pulps themselves or just pictures in another book. It bothers me to this day, like a dream you can only half remember. crazy.gif

I'm not sure if its wise following up Jon B's scan with my copy, but as per your request, October, here it is below.

Jon, that is a STUNNING copy BTW. The pages must be sparkling white. Mine are yellowed and aged.

October, the MARVEL pulps are really fun, and not that expensive. I've got all the MARVEL SCIENCE STORIES, and MARVEL STORIES, just missing one MARVEL TALES to complete the run. My fav cover is the second issue, with the Paul robot cover...

I had a book on pulps published in the '70's when I was a kid, and it had the MARVEL SCIENCE #1 pulp in it... thats what turned me onto the run.

1703396-redravenPOSTlo.jpg

1703396-redravenPOSTlo.jpg.056d297a412ee98ec3020b0fbaf9b1a5.jpg

Edited by RyanH

cloud9.gif

...And a killer group shot of those Timelys! Man!

You will probably want to unload your Science Comics #3 and #4 at this point, as they clearly fall outside your collecting interest. wink.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

I had a book on pulps published in the '70's when I was a kid, and it had the MARVEL SCIENCE #1 pulp in it... thats what turned me onto the run.

Have a scan?

1703396-redravenPOSTlo.jpg

Wow, that is one nice looking copy! Is it unrestored?

Sweet Red Raven 1!

A batch came back from the Graders today, you have seen these in the raw, now the slabbed versions.

TodaysBatch.jpgTodaysBatch2.jpg

893applaud-thumb.gif

kid2.jpg

Always liked this cover. Most of the Kid run doesn't do much for me. I think someone said before, if this cover was on another title it would be HUGE!

Let's pretend the artwork was for MM #17 instead of KID KOMICS # 2....I've always been in love with the MM logo....
KIDCOMICS2intoMM.jpg
Edited by ajaxfarrell