• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,065 posts in this topic

Great pictures of your kids! Nothing brings a smile like cool comics in the hand of smiling kids! thumbsup2.gif

Hey Jon would you consider this to be one of the rarest and hardest to find Timely's?

I do not pretend to be an expert on this. Get Carey and Evans on that.....I have not bought Timelys in a while...but when I was Daring Mystery 2 "was said" to be the toughest....but mid numbers in Caps and MM may be tough also.

Frankly, I love the Daring Mystery 2 and Mystic 2 covers.....Just wonderful covers

Red Raven 1 is definitely the hardest Timely key to find. I always thought Daring 2 was the toughest Timely. It was the last issue of that run for me. Mystic 4 was the hardest to find of that run and the CGC census seems to bear that out. USA 11 is a bear to find also. This is also skewed by perspective. I tend to collect in grade and so some books that seem scarce to me (Marvel 3) aren't really that tough to find.

Tax refund... I wish.

This arrived this morning, form Comiclink! A grail off the list. The cover is a bit soiled, as is the interior, and there is some glue on the spine (at the staples) but its still totally readable, supple and complete!! I am totally excited about this one... its nice to see the battle in its original form (I have worn out my Fantasy Masterpieces reprint!).

I'm very happy with CLINK's grading ... seems bang on. Maybe the pages are a bit darker than described, but still nice and flexible. And their service was very good. Time payments, baby!! headbang.gif

Marvel #9:

1701547-MARVEL9Bpost.jpg

Ryan, congrats on an AWESOME addition to your comic family. As a friend once said,"If you don't like this, well, you just don't like funny-books!"

Tax refund... I wish.

This arrived this morning, form Comiclink! A grail off the list. The cover is a bit soiled, as is the interior, and there is some glue on the spine (at the staples) but its still totally readable, supple and complete!! I am totally excited about this one... its nice to see the battle in its original form (I have worn out my Fantasy Masterpieces reprint!).

I'm very happy with CLINK's grading ... seems bang on. Maybe the pages are a bit darker than described, but still nice and flexible. And their service was very good. Time payments, baby!! headbang.gif

Marvel #9:

1701547-MARVEL9Bpost.jpg

Ryan, congrats on an AWESOME addition to your comic family. As a friend once said,"If you don't like this, well, you just don't like funny-books!"

Great book,one day maybe I could ge shy.gif.................

So your saying, its possible for our two collections to merge at somepoint, and by that logic, I now am part owner in a Tec27. I'll tell my oldest (3) he has a girlfriend!

well, I would naturally have to do a backgroud check, and I would want to make sure your son is willing to share his lunch money, but hey, let the kids be kids wink.gif

rick

So your saying, its possible for our two collections to merge at somepoint, and by that logic, I now am part owner in a Tec27. I'll tell my oldest (3) he has a girlfriend!

well, I would naturally have to do a backgroud check, and I would want to make sure your son is willing to share his lunch money, but hey, let the kids be kids wink.gif

rick

He had a record at two, got caught stealing a cookie! He talked to the Judge(mom) and she expunged his record. He loves to share, just recently shared a cold with me and his brother. 27_laughing.gif

rick

He had a record at two, got caught stealing a cookie! He talked to the Judge(mom) and she expunged his record. He loves to share, just recently shared a cold with me and his brother. 27_laughing.gif

27_laughing.gifsign-funnypost.gif

Well, since Bangzoom has been showing his collection I doubt anyone is even looking at this thread. But he hasn't shown us any Timelys. So, for those of you going through withdrawal......

mm10.jpg

Got this at San Diego about 8 years ago from a guy walking around with a little stack of silver age. In the middle was this beauty.

mm29.jpg

I've had three nice copies of this book over the years. Sold the San Francisco for alot of dough. Sold the Chicago to my good buddy Steve. And lucked into this one for relatively little.

ht8.jpg

While Marvel 9 is THE great battle issue, this one is absolutely number two (and I don't mean do-do). And the cover may be better. It has a little water stain at the top staple...thus a 7.