• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,084 posts in this topic

From my understanding these were not "Timely" file copies but rather advertizers copies that were found. I too have some and have seen many. Most seem to be in the 7.0-8.5 range.

West

I have but one of these (the staple holes are visible in the following scan) - beautiful books with nice paper.

Not sure if West can answer this, but how would an 8.5 book with such staple holes grade out through CGC?

100_1768.jpg

STEVE

From my understanding these were not "Timely" file copies but rather advertizers copies that were found. I too have some and have seen many. Most seem to be in the 7.0-8.5 range.

West

I have but one of these (the staple holes are visible in the following scan) - beautiful books with nice paper.

Not sure if West can answer this, but how would an 8.5 book with such staple holes grade out through CGC?

100_1768.jpg

STEVE

I am also very curious about that. A beautiful book Steve.

West

100_1768.jpg

STEVE

if west says they'll bump the grade up for pay/file copies, my stapler stands at the ready.

here's my one such book; mr. bedrock told me years ago he thought it was one of these pay/file copies.

daring.jpg

Here's some Timely "eye candy". CGC 9.6 Yep, it's the Mile High copy. Junior Miss #27.

SIMG0040.jpg

that is a neat timely....never seen it before...

rick

...here's my one such book; mr. bedrock told me years ago he thought it was one of these pay/file copies.

daring.jpg

Great book, BP! thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.giftakeit.gif

I likewise obtained the Marvel 16 from MrBedrock - very glad to have it.

STEVE

DAMN! I saw that Cap on Clink and the HT on eBay. Wished I had the money for either/both. The seller of that HT had a Young Allies 9 up, but I got outbid by $5. 893censored-thumb.gif

Congrats, those are two really sweet books! hail.gif

...here's my one such book; mr. bedrock told me years ago he thought it was one of these pay/file copies.

daring.jpg

Great book, BP! thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.giftakeit.gif

I likewise obtained the Marvel 16 from MrBedrock - very glad to have it.

STEVE

thank you, sir. and he only gave me the advice, NOT the book! i think i got it from an old Executive or Greg Manning auction. been in the box a LONG time.

The Torch looks awesome! cloud9.gif

Might this mean there's an undercopy available? confused-smiley-013.gif

As you can see Mr. Schomburg is all over it already. Had to line up a buyer before I bid on this but didn't want to attract too much attention to the EBay auction (not that it mattered on the final price tag crazy.gif) otherwise I would have offered my copy up to the public. sorry.gif I Think the HT#12 is a solid VF- with a very good shot at a VF from what I can see. If its a VF after slabbing I think I got a geat deal.