• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,087 posts in this topic

Just got this book in today. Tied for Highest graded certified copy :cloud9:

Picture142-1.jpg

daring and mystic [vol. 1's] are two of the coolest short runs in comicdom. just behind hello pal and variety. well done.

you know, you say something so profound, and then you go and ruin it lol

Thanks guys for the warm comments. I'm definitely stoked owning a Daring Mystery and hopefully I can complete the run. I love the short sets like this as it makes it much easier to complete.
and as parker did say, mystic and daring are 2 of the BEST runs to own

Thanks guys for the warm comments. I'm definitely stoked owning a Daring Mystery and hopefully I can complete the run. I love the short sets like this as it makes it much easier to complete.
and as parker did say, mystic and daring are 2 of the BEST runs to own

Amen brother! (thumbs u

Picture142-1.jpg

One of my favorite of the uncredited Schomburg covers... :applause:

Yea tell me about it... I dunno why Schomburg wasn't credited in the label :sumo:

Nice catch bro...

Picture142-1.jpg

One of my favorite of the uncredited Schomburg covers... :applause:

Yea tell me about it... I dunno why Schomburg wasn't credited in the label :sumo:

Nice catch bro...

Thank you kind sir. Hopefully this will be the first of many :wishluck:

That Daring Mystery Comic is incredible! I've been checking out some of those books and would love to have one, but being a newbie to the hobby, they're waaaaaayyy out of my price range. Maybe someday I'll have one, but until then I can always dream. :cloud9:

It all starts with a dream, then becomes an obsession. But it is a magnificent obsession.

I was thinking of doing a separate thread, titled "Nice people", but I don't want to embarrass him, more than I'm doing now.

I need to thank Mike, Flatrock02, for this book, and for an extraordinary act of kindness. Not only did he find the book for me at an auction, but when I tried to bid and found the online bidding was closed, he actually CALLED the auctioneer asked him to make sure it was complete, then left a bid on his own and insisted on paying for shipping the book to me, he wouldn't even let me add that to the bid price.

There are so many wonderful people on here, and I've been very lucky to have wonderful interactions with many of them, but this was just extra nice...

On top of this, I've been trying to remember the nice boarder who PM'd me 2 years ago, after seeing the sensations listed in my signature, to tell me there was an auction near me, where I could go bid...and it turns out it was Mike, then, too...

Kudos on that other thread, would just not be enough! I Don't care that the book is lower grade, I absolutely love it more than I would a 9.0, because of the history which is now attached, and I will keep it for a long time. (worship) (worship Thank you, Mike! )

allselect0001.jpg

Edited by skypinkblu

I was thinking of doing a separate thread, titled "Nice people", but I don't want to embarrass him, more than I'm doing now.

I need to thank Mike, Flatrock02, for this book, and for an extraordinary act of kindness. Not only did he find the book for me at an auction, but when I tried to bid and found the online bidding was closed, he actually CALLED the auctioneer asked him to make sure it was complete, then left a bid on his own and insisted on paying for shipping the book to me, he wouldn't even let me add that to the bid price.

There are so many wonderful people on here, and I've been very lucky to have wonderful interactions with many of them, but this was just extra nice...

On top of this, I've been trying to remember the nice boarder who PM'd me 2 years ago, after seeing the sensations listed in my signature, to tell me there was an auction near me, where I could go bid...and it turns out it was Mike, then, too...

Kudos on that other thread, would just not be enough! I Don't care that the book is lower grade, I absolutely love it more than I would a 9.0, because of the history which is now attached, and I will keep it for a long time. (worship) (worship Thank you, Mike! )

allselect0001.jpg

Sharon - That is a feel good story that I love to hear about comics. And a great book to boot. :applause:

Maybe jumping the gun a little, trying to send positive vibes. :cloud9:

MC9CGC94.jpg

W :o

O :acclaim:

W :cloud9:

So how much? I am still trying to wrap my head around this 9.4. Anybody have a guess as to what this will fetch?

$180k-200k with the hammer premium?