• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,111 posts in this topic

Just upgraded my Torch 8 AGAIN in a trade :) ---that's two upgrades in a week :grin:

I went from a 3.0 raw ow/w to a Blue 4.0 cr/ow to this which was in my mailbox yesterday...Former Silver Surfer, then Nearmint, and Redfury's copy---now mine (thumbs u

HumanTorch8CGC45oww.jpg

(hope you can see the scan as I'm posting at work and not sure it will show)

Way to go, Ben! Got next? :baiting:

212512488_e29adfd339_o.jpg

thanks D... ;)

Way to go Ben that book has been in good company. (thumbs u

it sure has---multiple board members :grin:

Do you recall who you picked up the 4.5 from?

Not off hand, that seems like about 100 books ago. :P I think I did have that book graded though. :acclaim:

Yep. it's a very nice 4.5 (thumbs u Could get a 5.0 on a re-sub I am thinking...

Maybe have the miswrap pressed out of it and I think it could get a 5.5.

Possibly, although looking at the covers closely, there are a few non color breaking creases that probably hammered the grade...i can see this still being a 5.0/5.5 in most collector's books....

Way to go Ben that book has been in good company. (thumbs u

it sure has---multiple board members :grin:

Do you recall who you picked up the 4.5 from?

Not off hand, that seems like about 100 books ago. :P I think I did have that book graded though. :acclaim:

Yep. it's a very nice 4.5 (thumbs u Could get a 5.0 on a re-sub I am thinking...

Maybe have the miswrap pressed out of it and I think it could get a 5.5.

I agree. Thought about having it done myself, but never got around to it.

hm

Just upgraded my Torch 8 AGAIN in a trade :) ---that's two upgrades in a week :grin:

I went from a 3.0 raw ow/w to a Blue 4.0 cr/ow to this which was in my mailbox yesterday...Former Silver Surfer, then Nearmint, and Redfury's copy---now mine (thumbs u

HumanTorch8CGC45oww.jpg

Working his way up the ladder! Very nice :applause:

HumanTorch8CGC45oww.jpg

it's not how tall your ladder is, it's how you use it. you're using it very, very well.

HumanTorch8CGC45oww.jpg

it's not how tall your ladder is, it's how you use it. you're using it very, very well.

I'll take that as "southern comfort" :grin:

HumanTorch8CGC45oww.jpg

I'll take that as "southern comfort" :grin:

What an awesome cover, Can't get any better than G.A. battle covers! Mega Key book indeed.

i am VERY happy to get this little book, courtesy of sharon and, by way of accommodation, thehumantorch--thanks go to each. as cool as it is per the cover, wait 'til i show y'all what's inside it when it gets here. tho' not technically part of my global "timely/atlas s/h appearance" run, it sorta fits in, and not for super rabbit, who i do not count, along with the mouse.

comedy22.jpg

This book is currently in transit thanks to an outstanding Gentleman that hails from Houston, Texas

MMC64.jpg

It'll be an amazing addition to my small collection. It also makes me appreciate how special Gold really is :cloud9:

Jim

Wow! That is a killer book Jim :)

Did he upgrade???

This book is currently in transit thanks to an outstanding Gentleman that hails from Houston, Texas

MMC64.jpg

Jim

cool; ask the guy if he knows that no-good Bedrock.

and pretty, pretty book, sir. that's an original hoard 'd' copy, by the way.

MMC64.jpg

It'll be an amazing addition to my small collection. It also makes me appreciate how special Gold really is :cloud9:

Jim

Incredible book, Jim (worship)

i am VERY happy to get this little book, courtesy of sharon and, by way of accommodation, thehumantorch--thanks go to each. as cool as it is per the cover, wait 'til i show y'all what's inside it when it gets here. tho' not technically part of my global "timely/atlas s/h appearance" run, it sorta fits in, and not for super rabbit, who i do not count, along with the mouse.

comedy22.jpg

I'm glad you are happy...I enjoy being a shopaholic for others ...and Dave got the other one, so I think he's happy, too.

MMC64.jpg

Jim

Wow! That is a killer book Jim :)

Did he upgrade???

It's the highest in the census and the next is a 9.0 so I don't think so. I think because he truly loves the "fat boys" if I pester, hound and throw a fit he'll throw me a bone (his non fat boy castoffs) every once in a while to shut me up and gets to keep his core collection intact.

Jim

MMC64.jpg

Jim

Thanks Ang...things have changed in my collecting world since you were around last...Timelys all the way :cloud9:

Jim

HumanTorch8CGC45oww.jpg

Congrats on the nice pick-up Ben! Definitely my favorite Human Torch cover (worship) I was tempted so many times to get myself a copy, but I must focus on my #1 collecting goal.

MMC64.jpg

Jim

Thanks Ang...things have changed in my collecting world since you were around last...Timelys all the way :cloud9:

Jim

What a beautiful book! :applause: