• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,079 posts in this topic

Is that a treasury sized Marvel Mystery?

I wish

A big nice book either way. Congrats (thumbs u

i want to commend you all for your extraordinary patience. i recently posted the comedy 22 below, and...

comedy22.jpg

...said that inside was something cool. it is in hand now.

i collect "all timely/atlas superhero appearances." neither i, nor any collector i know, count house ads among "appearances." but here's something in between--a cap comic being read by a kid in a story. cap, as a second-party, shield in hand, is in the book, textually. i think it's a semi s/h appearance and have been after it a long time. no note in o'street about it; makes me thing they didn't know, as they note in tos 33 that the hulk's picture is on a wall and they call it a "cameo." anyway, here ya' go.

comedycappage.jpg

Nifty page! I like it when the artist, Sekowsky i think, breaks the "third wall" in these GA books.

I don't think this counts as a superhero appearance. I think it would be better characterized as an appearance of a superhero comic.

comedycappage.jpg

Nifty page! I like it when the artist, Sekowsky i think, breaks the "third wall" in these GA books.

I don't think this counts as a superhero appearance. I think it would be better characterized as an appearance of a superhero comic.

comedycappage.jpg

It is a cool find. Can we see what happens next?

Sekowsky self-portrait? Looks like it.

mike_sekowsky2.jpg

(Is breaking the third wall a version of breaking the fourth wall for a two-dimensional comic-book page? Clever if that's what you meant.)

Jack

Fresh in from CGC today...scan is not that great, but the book is :cloud9:

USA6CGC30crow.jpg

That is a tough book. Congrats Ben (thumbs u

I wonder why Roy Thomas is written on the first page? He certainly didn't have anything to do with this book, or was probably even born when it came out...???

Fresh in from CGC today...scan is not that great, but the book is :cloud9:

USA6CGC30crow.jpg

That is a tough book. Congrats Ben (thumbs u

Thanks Mr. B. I finally got around to slabbing it :) It certainly was one of the tougher USAs (6-10) to get (after #8, which was tougher)...

I wonder why Roy Thomas is written on the first page? He certainly didn't have anything to do with this book, or was probably even born when it came out...???

I highly doubt it is the same Roy Thomas... :/

I highly doubt it is the same Roy Thomas... :/

You never know....it could have been bought at a comic show back in the 70's, when Roy was EIC of Marvel, and some young collector just got him to sign it. Pure speculation on my part, but it underscores the importance of knowing where your books came from, when possible.