• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,063 posts in this topic

Wow. I go away on vacation for few weeks and Billy posts his whole collection! (worship) (worship) :o :o

MM56CGC50.jpg

Olshevsky copy (thumbs u

and if some of the letters say "NM+" we have a chicago copy!

and my first Timely in 2010................

HT19.jpg

nice book, all, vern---well done.

I was watching that one on ebay, I believe (shrug)

Hi Rick,

It was for sale on ebay by my local LCS, we worked out a deal. :devil:

I saw in the general section that you and your family were up in my neck of woods for some skiing. Too bad I was away on vacation it would have been great to hook up for a few runs!

Vern

I was suprised that calgary was so "far" from banff... when I booked the vacation, it said "calgary/banff" airport, so I "assumed" they were close...

$250 taxi later, I knew they weren't lol

but, we are taking the whole family next year, so we will hook up then... I am just a green trailer

HT19.jpg

Hi Rick,

I saw in the general section that you and your family were up in my neck of woods for some skiing. Too bad I was away on vacation it would have been great to hook up for a few runs!

Vern

I was suprised that calgary was so "far" from banff... when I booked the vacation, it said "calgary/banff" airport, so I "assumed" they were close...

but, we are taking the whole family next year, so we will hook up then... I am just a green trailer

i wasn't surprised you didn't know there was another "r" in it, gato.

HT19.jpg

Hi Rick,

Vern

i wasn't surprised you didn't know there was another "r" in it, gato.

(shrug)

HT19.jpg

Hi Rick,

Vern

Calgary is my home town too, rick. In fact I'm sure your $250 cab ride went right by my store, as it is on the direct route from the airport to Banff. Unless your cabby took you on an even longer journey than he had to. lol

Let us know when you're coming next year and we can have a boardie get together.

HT19.jpg

Hi Rick,

Vern

Calgary is my home town too, rick. In fact I'm sure your $250 cab ride went right by my store, as it is on the direct route from the airport to Banff. Unless your cabby took you on an even longer journey than he had to. lol

Let us know when you're coming next year and we can have a boardie get together.

I knew it was a boardie that had that plus that sweet Okajima Thrilling for sale. That was a great looking book.

Thought I would share this in the Timely thread because Schomburg did a lot of Timely covers. Some of these are by his brother August who did a lot of Flying Aces covers and one or more is by Taylor Lewis.

I'd actually never seen this book before. Anyone else have one ?

picsfromcamera019.jpg[/img]

picsfromcamera011.jpg[/img] picsfromcamera012.jpg[/img] picsfromcamera013.jpg[/img] picsfromcamera014.jpg[/img] picsfromcamera015.jpg[/img] picsfromcamera016.jpg[/img] picsfromcamera017.jpg[/img] picsfromcamera018.jpg[/img]

I think Timely has an original of one of those paintings.

I believe he has the OA for one of the Radio Craft magazine covers that Schomburg did. Maybe he has some of this too. That would be very cool.

I have this Radio Craft cover from 1944.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=299234&GSub=46561

West

I believe he has the OA for one of the Radio Craft magazine covers that Schomburg did. Maybe he has some of this too. That would be very cool.

West

Very nice :cool:

Are there many of these originals around or are they very hard to track down ?

Those Schomburg paintings were also made into puzzles and are fun to collect.

I think the story goes that the paintings were left in a store window for years and faded to nothing and were thrown away.

They were used in more than one magazine.

My scan of the aircraft carrier scene is from US Fliers in Action, I think.

1688853162_834a4a0f2d_b.jpg

I picked this up today from our own r1970d who was visiting SoCal and was able to attend a local convention - thanks Roy, it was an absolute pleasure meeting and dealing with you! :applause:

Former Overstreet copy...

Marvel11.jpg

I picked this up today from our own r1970d who was visiting SoCal and was able to attend a local convention - thanks Roy, it was an absolute pleasure meeting and dealing with you! :applause:

Marvel11.jpg

Great book Steve :applause:

That Roy sure does get around

Marvel11.jpg

Attaboy Steve (thumbs u

West

Sweet piece of art, West.

Marvel11.jpg

Attaboy Steve (thumbs u

Thanks Rich - it fills the hole left by the departed Larson copy all those years ago! ;)