• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,099 posts in this topic

This came in the mail today--courtesy of Great Escape--thank you bro! (thumbs u

Killer shark/Schomburg cover. Another primetime pickup :cool:

Cap26CGC40owDINO.jpg

Some of the most eye-popping reds I have seen in a longtime Very nice!!! :applause:

thank you Josh. The "reds" do pop :cool:

Cap26CGC40owDINO.jpg

Some of the most eye-popping reds I have seen in a longtime Very nice!!! :applause:

Congrats on the nice pick up! CGC does not note classic cover for just any comic. That is a stunner. :cool::cool:

Cap26CGC40owDINO.jpg

Congrats on the nice pick up! CGC does not note classic cover for just any comic. That is a stunner. :cool::cool:

thanks Alex. It is quickly becoming one of my favorite Schomburg covers. And, yes, CGC did denote it as a classic-c. It is not listed in the Overstreet as a classic-c though.

Here is my book I bought last year in blue CGC. I then had it SS. So if you like SS & CA, you will love it. If you don't, then you probably think I defaced a holy grail. I collect CA and what better way than to have a SS by Joe Simon.

CA1SS35.jpg

I bought this 5 months ago but waited til this weekend to pick it up from Aaron White at Heritage

LarsonMMC22.jpg

I traded for this about two months ago but picked it up this past weekend as well

REMMC45.jpg

People say I must be very patient, and my reply was I'm just not a fan of brokerage fees :)

Jim

Edited by cgcworld

Are you finally coming around to allowing cr/ow back into the collection with the #50?

Great books! (worship)

West

The #50 was actually me grabbing the wrong pic from my photobucket account and is supposed to be the #45 that is there now.

As for C-OW, I promise from this day forth not one single C-OW book will sully my collection.

OW pages or better !!!

Jim

Here is my book I bought last year in blue CGC. I then had it SS. So if you like SS & CA, you will love it. If you don't, then you probably think I defaced a holy grail. I collect CA and what better way than to have a SS by Joe Simon.

CA1SS35.jpg

Wow whee! If the Cap 1 alone did not do it, the 3.5 blue label did, and if that does not do it the SS does, and it is so good it makes me want to jump out of a window! Or slap my momma.

And still one of the greatest WW2 covers ever. A cover a #1 book deserves!

I applaud you sir, what a grail that truly is!

:applause:

Are you finally coming around to allowing cr/ow back into the collection with the #50?

Great books! (worship)

West

The #50 was actually me grabbing the wrong pic from my photobucket account and is supposed to be the #45 that is there now.

As for C-OW, I promise from this day forth not one single C-OW book will sully my collection.

OW pages or better !!!

Jim

Thank goodness. I can finally take the rags off your hands.

Great books! (worship)

West

OW pages or better !!!

Jim

very worthy pursuit, but a hard one---"timely pages" are often c/ow. but it can be done, just slowly.

Picked up this really cool promotional item off Comiclink. Described as follows:

ComicLink Comments:

Incredibly rare piece of Golden Age promotional material. This 7.5 inch x 10 inch promotional brochure was sent out to announce the second issue (#3) of Timely's 1940 Human Torch series. Schomburg's classic cover is on the front, the interior reads "Here it is... the Human Torch No. 2. After the most amazing sale ever shown by a newcomer in the comics field, 92%, Human Torch Fall Issue, will be the percentage magazine of 1940. The second issue of Human Torch is ready to bring you a fast turnover in dealer sales. Now Shipping -- Place on sale December 20th", and the back is blank. The piece is bright and in great condition, but has two horizontal folds (non-colorbreaking), minor moisture spots, and a penciled arrival date in the upper left. Historic piece for the avid Timely/Human Torch collector who thought he had it all. This piece is professionally framed to approximately 10.5" x 13.5".

9af2f4ef.jpg

c4b13156.jpg

the piece is ok, but the frame is KILLER!

Picked up this really cool promotional item off Comiclink. Described as follows:

ComicLink Comments:

Incredibly rare piece of Golden Age promotional material. This 7.5 inch x 10 inch promotional brochure was sent out to announce the second issue (#3) of Timely's 1940 Human Torch series. Schomburg's classic cover is on the front, the interior reads "Here it is... the Human Torch No. 2. After the most amazing sale ever shown by a newcomer in the comics field, 92%, Human Torch Fall Issue, will be the percentage magazine of 1940. The second issue of Human Torch is ready to bring you a fast turnover in dealer sales. Now Shipping -- Place on sale December 20th", and the back is blank. The piece is bright and in great condition, but has two horizontal folds (non-colorbreaking), minor moisture spots, and a penciled arrival date in the upper left. Historic piece for the avid Timely/Human Torch collector who thought he had it all. This piece is professionally framed to approximately 10.5" x 13.5".

9af2f4ef.jpg

c4b13156.jpg

the piece is ok, but the frame is KILLER!

Just got this in - and the frame rocks!!!