• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,103 posts in this topic

Well I finally got my books from the recent Heritage auction so I thought I would show them off (the other one is in the Wonder Woman thread.)

I really like this cover:

CaptainAmerica18.jpg

one of my favorite cap covers. Congratulations!!

The plastic cage presents from seeing one of the greatest two page splash renditions that one could ever see!!

come on jon, you can't make a statement like that , and not provide for us a picture :baiting:

Thought I would be of assistance:

cap18splash2.jpg

This page from Cap 18 is interesting as well:

cap18splash.jpg

Beautiful book and artwork!

That's one of my favorite Captain America covers. I love the artwork inside also. IMO Shores and Avison did some incredible work in these books. Not only were the covers beautiful, but the artwork inside makes them fun to look at over and over again. :cloud9:

Here's my latest pickup.

Cap-19.jpg

Just take a look at some of the incredible artwork inside this issue. Really tempts me to bust this baby out of the slab.

cap19a-1.jpg

cap19b-1.jpg

What a great spread...

cap19e-1.jpg

WOW...

cap19d-1.jpg

Even the backup Torch story is cool...

cap19c-1.jpg

— Rick

Beautiful book and artwork!

That's one of my favorite Captain America covers. I love the artwork inside also. IMO Shores and Avison did some incredible work in these books. Not only were the covers beautiful, but the artwork inside makes them fun to look at over and over again. :cloud9:

Here's my latest pickup.

Cap-19.jpg

Just take a look at some of the incredible artwork inside this issue. Really tempts me to bust this baby out of the slab.

cap19a-1.jpg

cap19b-1.jpg

What a great spread...

cap19e-1.jpg

WOW...

cap19d-1.jpg

Even the backup Torch story is cool...

cap19c-1.jpg

— Rick

(worship)

Going to Metro's site now...

BTW, I'm thinking of sending this book back to CGC. If you look in the LRC of the front cover, it looks like the corner got turned up when they were putting the book into the archival sleeve. I wouldn.t mine seeing if they would fix this. :wishluck:

— Rick

my buddy 143ksk has been telling me my timely s/h run is incomplete without this book for a long time, but i resisted. then last nite i jumped on ebay and checked "ending soon" listings in gold, and this was about 2 minutes from ending. i figured fate was playing a hand, so i sniped with about 4 secs left, and it took every bit of my bid to get it. pricey, but i'm glad to have it.

millie2.jpg

my buddy 143ksk has been telling me my timely s/h run is incomplete without this book for a long time, but i resisted. but last nite i jumped on ebay and checked "ending soon" listings in gold, and this was about 2 minutes from ending. i figured fate was playing a hand, so i sniped with about 4 secs left, and it took every bit of my bid to get it. pricey, but i'm glad to have it.

millie2.jpg

I wonder what millie's superpower is (or are) lol

Nice going, PAL. It took me a little over 2 years searching to find my copy. :applause:

Here's mine...

millie2.jpg

nice!

I like that cover but I always think of FC 263 when I see it. And now I also have Whiz 27.

3304495994_b94e958d30.jpg4719097696_e8b3253313.jpg

my buddy 143ksk has been telling me my timely s/h run is incomplete without this book for a long time, but i resisted. then last nite i jumped on ebay and checked "ending soon" listings in gold, and this was about 2 minutes from ending. i figured fate was playing a hand, so i sniped with about 4 secs left, and it took every bit of my bid to get it. pricey, but i'm glad to have it.

millie2.jpg

Nice! Like to get one some day.