• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
29 29

23,124 posts in this topic

Venus... :cloud9:

Beautiful books! :insane:

Gotta eventually get me some of those. (thumbs u

BTW, sorry about the 180, but did anyone else notice CGC's label error on their book-of-the-day today (9.4 copy of USA #3)???doh!

http://www.cgccomics.com/gallery/details.aspx?comic=862

While I'm at it, I'll post my new scan of USA #1...

img_USA1_039.jpg

:whee:

Edited by DavidMerryweather

A new acquisition. Gotta love the hooded Nazi covers!

mmc52.jpg

Tough book, especially in that shape. Even if Schomburg did repeat a few leitmotifs here and there, all those mid-run Marvel Mystery covers are great.

A new acquisition. Gotta love the hooded Nazi covers!

mmc52.jpg

Killer cover! That's a beauty, walclark. :applause:

Here is a recent acquisition (old label CGC) that should compliment your torrid Schomburg Torch-fest...

img_MM71_040.jpg

:banana:

Edited by DavidMerryweather

Sweet book, David!

I only have a handful of Timelys and, since they are generaly pretty pricey in the grades I favor, I have to be very careful about which ones I go after. I won this recently for about 60% of what I thought it would end at. My bid was a lark and I was downright shocked when I won.

Already cracked it out and I love it. Great art, cover to cover, and beautiful red inks on the front. I didn't realize it was the last Timely issue until I had it in hand, not that it needs another reason to be cool.

subby32.jpg

Sweet book, David!

I only have a handful of Timelys and, since they are generaly pretty pricey in the grades I favor, I have to be very careful about which ones I go after. I won this recently for about 60% of what I thought it would end at. My bid was a lark and I was downright shocked when I won.

Already cracked it out and I love it. Great art, cover to cover, and beautiful red inks on the front. I didn't realize it was the last Timely issue until I had it in hand, not that it needs another reason to be cool.

subby32.jpg

Congratulations, october. It's truly a beautiful book, and IMO presents much better than 5.0. Nice one! :applause:

Sweet book, David!

subby32.jpg

Congratulations, october. It's truly a beautiful book, and IMO presents much better than 5.0. Nice one! :applause:

Wow! I agree with David, that is a sweet copy.

Sweet book, David!

subby32.jpg

Great purchase, Andy. :applause:

Sweet book, David!

subby32.jpg

Nice one Andy. It is one my favorite GA books and defintely one of the better book in that run. Picture frame doesn't hurt either.

Sweet book, David!

subby32.jpg

Great purchase, Andy. :applause:

Indeed it was :)

Here is a recent acquisition (old label CGC) that should compliment your torrid Schomburg Torch-fest...

img_MM71_040.jpg

Love the Marvel Mystery 71. One of my favorites from the later part of the run. :applause:

img_MM71_040.jpg

Love the Marvel Mystery 71. One of my favorites from the later part of the run. :applause:

:acclaim: Thanks! Here's a better scan (I'm experimenting with my new scanner's color correction capabilities; the original scan was a little dull, IMO)...

img_MarvelMystery71_071.jpg

Let me know what you think! :grin:

Sweet book, David!

subby32.jpg

a peach, to be sure.

img_MM71_040.jpg

:acclaim: Thanks! Here's a better scan (I'm experimenting with my new scanner's color correction capabilities; the original scan was a little dull, IMO)...

img_MarvelMystery71_071.jpg

Let me know what you think! :grin:

I think the software that comes with the scanners is . Try Photoshop and use a little contrast to take out the dullness.

:hi: I appreciate the suggestion.

I'm trying to limit the number of steps between my scanner and photobucket albums; photoshop isn't that intuitive for me, especially on my Mac.

I thought the second image looked pretty good, but I'll go back and do a bit of cropping, as the thick polymer slabs tend to cast a bluish image when color corrected before scanning.

Thanks again. (thumbs u

Picked this up from Phil. Just came back as a 4.0 from CGC. I'm very happy with it.

P1340775.jpg

Especially with the nice surprise I found inside the cover.

P1340776.jpg

And one of the best centerfolds ever...

P1340777.jpg

That's a real beauty, with a nice surprise! Congrats!!! :headbang:

Picked this up from Phil. Just came back as a 4.0 from CGC. I'm very happy with it.

P1340775.jpg

Especially with the nice surprise I found inside the cover.

P1340776.jpg

And one of the best centerfolds ever...

P1340777.jpg

That's a real beauty, with a nice surprise! Congrats!!! :headbang:

WOW!!!! You could call that centerfold a MASTERPIECE, but having Kirby's signature is PRICELESS!!! :cloud9:

Great pickup. (thumbs u