• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
29 29

23,113 posts in this topic

Thanks... it is only my second Timely but the first to feature Cap. In 2014 I may look for an actual Captain America book.

BTW - As this is only the second time I have posted in here I lurk in this thread frequently. I am simply amazed by some of the books that you have all found and made a part of your collections. I still find it hard to believe that many of these books still exist.

Here's my latest upgrade. Front cover looks awesome but some stains on the back cover bring the grade down. I originally saw this book in a photo of Harley's booth in Roy's thread on the Toronto Fan Expo at the end of August. Harley had the book graded as a VF and I thought that stains would result in a lower CGC grade. So we worked out a price scale and sent the book in. Turns out that I was right! Big thanks to Harley for working with me on this one.

sub11cgc60OW_zps7f055fcd.jpg

Here's my latest upgrade. Front cover looks awesome but some stains on the back cover bring the grade down. I originally saw this book in a photo of Harley's booth in Roy's thread on the Toronto Fan Expo at the end of August. Harley had the book graded as a VF and I thought that stains would result in a lower CGC grade. So we worked out a price scale and sent the book in. Turns out that I was right! Big thanks to Harley for working with me on this one.

Perhaps the best non-war cover Timely ever put out. :applause:

It is a nice one for sure

Congrats Vern (thumbs u

I love the book, but that is a pretty strong statement. I can think of quite a few great Timely, non-war themed covers...

daring1.jpg

daring4.jpg

mystic2.jpg

mm5.jpg

mm9.jpg

mm28.jpg

mm29.jpg

cap9.jpg

redraven1.jpg

Now it is definitely the greatest Sub-Mariner non-war themed cover Timely ever put out. But the only other choice out of the first eighteen issues is #13, which is pretty cool too.

Sweet book!

I love the book, but that is a pretty strong statement. I can think of quite a few great Timely, non-war themed covers...

daring1.jpg

daring4.jpg

mystic2.jpg

mm5.jpg

mm9.jpg

mm28.jpg

mm29.jpg

cap9.jpg

redraven1.jpg

Now it is definitely the greatest Sub-Mariner non-war themed cover Timely ever put out. But the only other choice out of the first eighteen issues is #13, which is pretty cool too.

I did say "perhaps" :baiting::grin:

The front of this book is just beautiful! :cloud9:

True! With a cover like that, who needs any other Timely non-war covers? Vern might as well sell his other non-war Sub-mariners (like that Okajima #32, for instance).

non-war Sub-mariners (like that Okajima #32, for instance)
My vote for the best GA Subby cover (thumbs u

daring1.jpg

daring4.jpg

mystic2.jpg

mm5.jpg

mm9.jpg

mm28.jpg

mm29.jpg

cap9.jpg

redraven1.jpg

I did say "perhaps" :baiting::grin:

(worship) Subbie #11 is one of the greatest Timely non-war themed covers, most assuredly! >>>

After drooling over podboy's book and several of Richard's well closen examples... ( :cloud9: ) ...I decided to post some of my favorite non-war themed Timely covers.

Are they the greatest? Well, the HT is in most so they're undoubtably hot looking copies, but you be the judge ...

d73ace72-64b5-4a90-bc90-3a638a9ddc42_zpsa8cbc4c5.jpg4f366eaa-6dde-416f-8164-a815f542ef20_zpsdcc077b6.jpg

[font:Times New Roman]All Winners 19 & 21 (The two All Winners Squad covers) >>> :luhv: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :luhv:

4403d71f-cc7e-4fd8-b15d-513238c4ce7a_zpsfcd0876e.jpg

MM #7 (Classic bondage & hypo cover! Is Torch washed up? Never!) >>> :luhv:

CA74-1A_zpsea43d665.jpg

Captain America's Weird Tales >>> :luhv:

ba7ed08a-6500-430e-be7e-d3687d2108e3_zps76b0af3d.jpg

HT #5 (Without an Axis to grind, not a war cover in the real world sense) >>> :luhv:

8ddb6d72-84dc-4054-9366-43b7e0b7514f_zps97696c06.jpg5fb5948b-f915-4499-909e-754c1b1e4e1e_zpsf330c8ef.jpg

HT #23 - Doppelgänger pair, back to back Robots! [/font] >>> :luhv:>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :luhv:

>