• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,075 posts in this topic

Just received a little something in the mail today :cloud9: and I'm 'giddy' as this is my All-Time Grail:

Cap70_zps1c0cb984.jpg

Oh my :ohnoez: I'm dizzy with excitement for you Moetown and I don't even KNOW you!!! Congratulations on your excellent taste and VERY impressive purchase!!! If you ever need someone to "Capsit" while you're out of town, don't hesitate to send me a p.m. :wishluck:

Just received a little something in the mail today :cloud9: and I'm 'giddy' as this is my All-Time Grail:

Cap70_zps1c0cb984.jpg

Oh my :ohnoez: I'm dizzy with excitement for you Moetown and I don't even KNOW you!!! Congratulations on your excellent taste and VERY impressive purchase!!! If you ever need someone to "Capsit" while you're out of town, don't hesitate to send me a p.m. :wishluck:

(tsk) I have first dibs on that, pal. 'Nuff said. lol

Cap70_zps1c0cb984.jpg

Beautiful! Congrats (thumbs u

Thank you all of the kind words - they are appreciated (and the 'Capsitter' comment was great, btw)!!! Here are some better pictures/scans of the book:

46ad6905-c43d-420d-b3f4-f2db0992f09d_zpsc22aac7a.jpg

fe54aa28-888e-4207-846e-eb9a9878440f_zps4c50c380.jpg

Cheers!

(AND I'm Still GIDDY!!!!!!!)

Edited by Moetown

Thank you all of the kind words - they are appreciated (and the 'Capsitter' comment was great, btw)!!! Here are some better pictures/scans of the book:

46ad6905-c43d-420d-b3f4-f2db0992f09d_zpsc22aac7a.jpg

fe54aa28-888e-4207-846e-eb9a9878440f_zps4c50c380.jpg

Cheers!

(AND I'm Still GIDDY!!!!!!!)

What a beautiful book! Congrats. Merry Xmas

xxx

I like the Daring Mystery! I just noticed that the death machine looks like a dragon breathing flames onto the girl. That just might have to get added to my top 20 Schomburg list.

Absotively posilutely, Jimbo! If you ever come across the 3rd 8.0 at an affordable price I'd suggest snapping it up as you'll own one of the highest graded copies.

Daring Mystery #5 is a relatively scarce book with only 15 copies represented in the census (2 of which are restored) and no copies above 8.0.

Here's mine...

3d6f15e2-7c77-48ef-8b53-f276146dbb68_zps6c1f1fdd.jpg

BTW, this cover appears to be Alex's work, but it's uncredited. >>> smiley-char156.gif

It may have been one of the rare collaborations between Schomburg and another Timely cover artist.

If I were to venture a guess based on the similarity of styles, I'd say either Joe Simon or Bill Everett. hm

BTW, this cover appears to be Alex's work, but it's uncredited. >>> smiley-char156.gif

It may have been one of the rare collaborations between Schomburg and another Timely cover artist.

If I were to venture a guess based on the similarity of styles, I'd say either Joe Simon or Bill Everett. hm

Quite so! I guess I'm programmed to think wacky death machine =>Schomburg. It's definitely now on my top 10 list of uncredited Timely covers.