• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,079 posts in this topic

thanks everybody. having them all out like that reminded me i've got some upgrading room in the daring and mystic runs.

I will take the under copies

Please, sir, don't forget us peons what needs timely food.

Did anyone win that USA 7 that just sold on E-bay? It was .5 with brittle pages. That said, the cover was in decent shape. It went for $835; I was the under-bidder.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321302600863?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I was watching it NOT bidding on it even though I love low graders and it is on my want list...I didnt think it would reach that high to be honest as it was INCOMPLETE and Brittle...maybe if it was slightly brittle or complete but you could see chunks of it falling apart in the slab :eek: ...

Either way we learn once again that even in the lowest of grades these classic books still will demand a decent chunk of change...and you were right the cover did present fairly well given the assigned grade (thumbs u Just looked a little too brittle even for this guy lol

Did anyone win that USA 7 that just sold on E-bay? It was .5 with brittle pages. That said, the cover was in decent shape. It went for $835; I was the under-bidder.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321302600863?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I was watching it NOT bidding on it even though I love low graders and it is on my want list...I didnt think it would reach that high to be honest as it was INCOMPLETE and Brittle...maybe if it was slightly brittle or complete but you could see chunks of it falling apart in the slab :eek: ...

Either way we learn once again that even in the lowest of grades these classic books still will demand a decent chunk of change...and you were right the cover did present fairly well given the assigned grade (thumbs u Just looked a little too brittle even for this guy lol

haha. I hear you. I may never get another shot at a sub-1k USA 7 with a decent cover. But yeah, that book was just crumbling in the case.

Edited by Vision75

haha. I hear you. I may never get another shot at a sub-1k USA 7 with a decent cover. But yeah, that book was just crumbling in the case.

Trust me bro I absolutely understand ya your copy is out there the hunt continues!!!! as you can see these are my type of books as well!!!! I just prefer them complete and not totally brittle (slightly I can handle!!)...I believe Dale had a pretty nice looking copy for $2500 in his sale thread...I thought real hard about that one!! In this particular case with the USA #7 the cover is sooooo cool I think I would just rather have R. Heshka (unsure of pricing as I dont have any of his pieces...YET :grin: ) or Artboy99 do me a HUGE cover recreation (he does awesome work!!!) might just have to do that hm:grin:

And Hey Vision BTW I know its not Timely but that Starling #49 you got....WOW :applause: ....I know I already sang its praises in the other thread but that book is sweet man congrats!!!! (thumbs u great stuff!!!!

Edited by gino2paulus2

Trust me bro I absolutely understand ya your copy is out there the hunt continues!!!! as you can see these are my type of books as well!!!! I just prefer them complete and not totally brittle (slightly I can handle!!)...I believe Dale had a pretty nice looking copy for $2500 in his sale thread...I thought real hard about that one!! In this particular case with the USA #7 the cover is sooooo cool I think I would just rather have R. Heshka (unsure of pricing as I dont have any of his pieces...YET :grin: ) or Artboy99 do me a HUGE cover recreation (he does awesome work!!!) might just have to do that hm:grin:

that eBay USA 7 was Bill's (goldenacase). He's had it on these boards for sale not too long ago. Heshka has already done a USA 7 cover for AGGIEZ, so he won't paint that one again. I used to have three copies of USA 7. The last one was a CGC 2.5 that I sold on these boards in 2011

that eBay USA 7 was Bill's (goldenacase). He's had it on these boards for sale not too long ago. Heshka has already done a USA 7 cover for AGGIEZ, so he won't paint that one again. I used to have three copies of USA 7. The last one was a CGC 2.5 that I sold on these boards in 2011

Great info as always Ben thanks man!!!! (thumbs u 3 USA #7's :o:o(worship) thats awesome!!! I am glad to know what Bill's eBay ID is...now I will have to throw him on my favorites list as he always has awesome books especially here on the boards...I picked up a Cap #74 from him (since have traded away :( ) but couldn't have been more pleased with the transaction!!!

Three USA 7s. I'm with Gino- whoah Ben! And Gino, thanks again for the compliment on the Startling 49.
as always, it was timing. I was on a witch hunt for a copy back in 2007 and Terry Oneil, David T. Alexander, and a timely collector in Toronto all had copies. I bought Terry's first then found out David had one. The Toronto copy came along as well. All this happened within 1-2 months time. I bought them all. Traded the 3.5 to rick for a Tec 8. Sold the Toronto VG/f (staple reinforcement) to Phil Bellmore. The last (best appeal) copy, 2.5, I sold on these boards to help fund my Cap 1.

91A2A4AF-E0C8-4104-9221-265BC8784259_zpsftre3hdt.jpg

32F3D5BE-DC8E-41B5-86A1-F7584975FDF4_zpsjbfawsvc.jpg

A782873C-7F64-4B90-B8C1-385760D0DD20_zpswryrkbcx.jpg

Three USA 7s. I'm with Gino- whoah Ben! And Gino, thanks again for the compliment on the Startling 49.
as always, it was timing. I was on a witch hunt for a copy back in 2007 and Terry Oneil, David T. Alexander, and a timely collector in Toronto all had copies. I bought Terry's first then found out David had one. The Toronto copy came along as well. All this happened within 1-2 months time. I bought them all. Traded the 3.5 to rick for a Tec 8. Sold the Toronto VG/f (staple reinforcement) to Phil Bellmore. The last (best appeal) copy, 2.5, I sold on these boards to help fund my Cap 1.

91A2A4AF-E0C8-4104-9221-265BC8784259_zpsftre3hdt.jpg

32F3D5BE-DC8E-41B5-86A1-F7584975FDF4_zpsjbfawsvc.jpg

A782873C-7F64-4B90-B8C1-385760D0DD20_zpswryrkbcx.jpg

:headbang::applause::o:o:applause::headbang: words not really necessary!!! I would take the Cap #1 though too!!!! :grin:

There are only a few issues of Marvel Mystery Comics that I need to complete my run. Almost all of the ones I have are in 8.0 or better. Number 61 is one of the few left I needed. There are only 2 graded higher, a 7.5 that's been off radar for about 10 years and a 9.0 that the owner wants krazy money for. So I decided to save myself about $7,000 and buy this pretty copy instead.

marvel61cgc70_zpsedc62a45.jpg

There are only a few issues of Marvel Mystery Comics that I need to complete my run. Almost all of the ones I have are in 8.0 or better. Number 61 is one of the few left I needed. There are only 2 graded higher, a 7.5 that's been off radar for about 10 years and a 9.0 that the owner wants krazy money for. So I decided to save myself about $7,000 and buy this pretty copy instead.

There is not a thing in the world wrong with that copy. It's a beauty and I'd be proud to have it. Good choice!

There is not a thing in the world wrong with that copy. It's a beauty and I'd be proud to have it. Good choice!

Thanks Walter! :blush:

:headbang: Nice pick-up! :applause:

No kidding, that thing is beautiful!

No kidding, that thing is beautiful!

Even for Schomburg that cover is action packed!