• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,088 posts in this topic

There are only a few issues of Marvel Mystery Comics that I need to complete my run. Almost all of the ones I have are in 8.0 or better. Number 61 is one of the few left I needed. There are only 2 graded higher, a 7.5 that's been off radar for about 10 years and a 9.0 that the owner wants krazy money for. So I decided to save myself about $7,000 and buy this pretty copy instead.

marvel61cgc70_zpsedc62a45.jpg

It's a nice looking book! I find that I care about the number in the corner less and less as time goes on. Props for not caving in to the person trying to gouge on the 9.0!

There are only a few issues of Marvel Mystery Comics that I need to complete my run. Almost all of the ones I have are in 8.0 or better. Number 61 is one of the few left I needed. There are only 2 graded higher, a 7.5 that's been off radar for about 10 years and a 9.0 that the owner wants krazy money for. So I decided to save myself about $7,000 and buy this pretty copy instead.

Great pick up West, I didn't realize that 61 was so tough in high grade. I almost threw in a bid to upgrade my copy, I'm glad that I didn't.

Great copy of a seldom seen book; congrats West. I'm surprised Schomburg didn't label the "Death Drill" to make sure it was clear what it was.

Great copy of a seldom seen book; congrats West. I'm surprised Schomburg didn't label the "Death Drill" to make sure it was clear what it was.

Toro's accuracy seems a little off; maybe he melted through the label. hm

The "Death Drill" sign is probably on the other side of the machine so it's victims can read it when they come down the stairs. :devil:

The "Death Drill" sign is probably on the other side of the machine so it's victims can read it when they come down the stairs. :devil:

The "stairs" sign is up behind the wall.

Nice book West (thumbs u

The "stairs" sign is up behind the wall.

Nice book West (thumbs u

Cool book West!! Congrats!

I have sumpin' new to post in a Timely way (published with three staples and also a tiny touch of glue on the spine if that's any clue),

...but I'm a'gunna string folks along a little while longer just cuz I'm a meany. :insane:

I've already gained 3 pounds because of these boards. :popcorn:

I have sumpin' new to post in a Timely way (published with three staples and also a tiny touch of glue on the spine if that's any clue),

...but I'm a'gunna string folks along a little while longer just cuz I'm a meany. :insane:

I've already gained 3 pounds because of these boards. :popcorn:

You should talk to Flex, I'm pretty sure that he's many pounds lighter because of these boards, but his collection is healthier. lol

3 staples...it must be an early Timely, predating 1941! (thumbs u

Right you are! :applause:

Last hint: It's a ped. and the marvelous Mr B owns the other census topper.

Any guesses? :whistle:

marvel mystery 5

marvel mystery 5

Nice book, but there's only one CGC census topper listed for #5, so logically that can't be it. :sorry:

Any more guesses??? ... smiley62.gif