• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,075 posts in this topic

the "collection" is meaningless---stuff like nick cage, lloyd jacquet, walter gibson, mannarino's, etc. go right underneath the title---don rosa, like palo alto, don and maggie and some others, have "collection" in the name, but go over to the right in the pedigree spot. believe me, rosa is a pedigree in the eyes of cgc.

The pedigree designation makes sense for both Rosa and D&M because, as I understand it, the books were bought by them off the stands. (Unlike, say, Cage.)

The funny thing about Rosa is that I have a pretty clear recollection of him writing in his old RBCC column that books were to be read -- tape them up if you need to to preserve them. The clear impression I got was that he was at least implicitly criticizing people who worried about condition.

Then it later turns out that he had been carefully preserving copies of many books. (shrug)

this is a pedigree, nothwithstanding the word "collection."

tta49.jpg

>>>>> [font:Comic Sans MS] Hey, ...hold yore horses thar pawdnuh! >>>smiley-char092.gif

>>>>>>>>66916039_2a1cfad9cf.jpg

c4d77267-3c58-40eb-b901-5502daef19df_zps0d6134ee.jpg

>>>>>>>>>>> What about this Collection? :baiting:

>>>>>>>>cat.png >Looks petty[/font][font:Comic Sans MS]greed to me, Billy! [/font]>funny-bwahaha.gif

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> lol

this is a pedigree, nothwithstanding the word "collection."

tta49.jpg

>>>>> [font:Comic Sans MS] Hey, ...hold yore horses thar pawdnuh! >>>smiley-char092.gif

>>>>>>>>66916039_2a1cfad9cf.jpg

c4d77267-3c58-40eb-b901-5502daef19df_zps0d6134ee.jpg

>>>>>>>>>>> What about this Collection? :baiting:

>>>>>>>>cat.png >Looks petty[/font][font:Comic Sans MS]greed to me, Billy! [/font]>funny-bwahaha.gif

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> lol

that gorgeous thing comes from one of my favorite board collections, young man.

I could swear that CGC said it was labeling comics "From the Nicolas Cage Collection" because it deserved to be noted but it was not a pedigree. I guess, in my mind, I assumed they would be consistent with that label. I know, I know, I "assumed." :tonofbricks:

I got my second batch of comics back from CGC today. No bad surprises in this wonderful box!

ca32_zpsc17c9de3.jpg

ca38_zps3f9c23eb.jpg

ca43_zpse8442ca6.jpg

ca48cgc_zps67129afd.jpg