• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,065 posts in this topic

This was on ebay but I believe the one be discussed was married with pages from the 1960 reprint.. These pages are from another original..

NOPE :sumo: just checked...same book we were talking about in the Cap 3 thread...check cousin itt's post and so on...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7325243&fpart=7

Whether the married pages are from reprints or vintage it would still get a qualified green label (thumbs u .. this is the thread u are referring to but doesn't state it is a Cap 3 just that the pages that are married are reprints...cousin itt strangely started this thread as well :juggle:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7394477#Post7394477

Edited by gino2paulus2

Thanks so much! Didn't notice that in the thread.

That kind of sucks that weather vintage or not that I will get a green label.

I hope he provides something for the jerry robinson ink marks or I think I'm gonna have to give it back..

you're quite welcome :) ..I did see that listing though and he did mention the words, "married" very clearly as one of his points to the book...he also gave like 11 or 12 pics and did accept your best offer I would assume since the listing got pulled so quickly...what grounds would you have to return it... just curious? please don't take any of these remarks as negative as I think you got yourself a really cool book there!!! I just think that the seller disclosed this information and returning it would only be due to your lack of homework or buyers remorse...IMHO

Nah man I love the honest feed back which is why we all come here.

I love the book only reason to return it is that he can give me proof of the pedigree.

If he could give me some authentication for the pedigree.

What you think? Paid 3 k for it

Nah man I love the honest feed back which is why we all come here.

I love the book only reason to return it is that he can give me proof of the pedigree.

If he could give me some authentication for the pedigree.

What you think? Paid 3 k for it

well this is a super important book no doubt and IMHO this book is a 2K book a point all day depending eye appeal and PQ but i am not quite as versed in the qualified and resto grades but I have been doing a lot of homework as I have been looking more into the resto market (just sitting back and learning from the Vets at this point) I would think IF this book could land a 1.5 universal 3K is a very reasonable price...the real question is if you love it for that price and are comfortable with it figuring it's for your collection

No doubt the price doesn't bother me and I wanted the book. So no arguments there.

How would I get a universal 1.5?

I am sorry I was just saying price wise IF it was universal my apologies...my point was there are many more qualified people to ask about prices on these boards when it comes to qualified and resto books than myself ;)

Ahh I see.. No worries but I really do appreciate the feedback. I just hope he ca provide proof of the pedigree as I love jerry robinsons work. Just that alone is worth it to me..

I have to agree...that would be cool! (thumbs u

Ahh I see.. No worries but I really do appreciate the feedback. I just hope he ca provide proof of the pedigree as I love jerry robinsons work. Just that alone is worth it to me..

I have to agree...that would be cool! (thumbs u

+1... that would be sweet man I hope he can!!! :wishluck: Robinson is a truly iconic figure to the medium...GL and keep us all in the loop as far as what happens!! (thumbs u

....either way, you still have a very cool book that everyone wants. Sometimes it's best to put concerns about value and grade on the back burner and just enjoy that book .... sometimes concerns with consensus will just take all the fun out of it 2c GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Edited by jimjum12