• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,088 posts in this topic

I could swear that CGC said it was labeling comics "From the Nicolas Cage Collection" because it deserved to be noted but it was not a pedigree. I guess, in my mind, I assumed they would be consistent with that label. I know, I know, I "assumed." :tonofbricks:

I got my second batch of comics back from CGC today. No bad surprises in this wonderful box!

ca32_zpsc17c9de3.jpg

ca38_zps3f9c23eb.jpg

ca43_zpse8442ca6.jpg

ca48cgc_zps67129afd.jpg

Jeff, you're on a rampage. Nice books you are putting together :)

I'm not a Timely collector, but here's one I couldn't resist. From the "Int" collection. There's some brittle chipping to the corners of a few pages, so I'm not surprised by the grade. But it's a long, long, long way away from turning to dust.

Comedy30-65.jpg

Comedy30-65b.jpg

I'm not a Timely collector, but here's one I couldn't resist. From the "Int" collection. There's some brittle chipping to the corners of a few pages, so I'm not surprised by the grade. But it's a long, long, long way away from turning to dust.

Comedy30-65.jpg

Comedy30-65b.jpg

Man, that cover looks white! Hard to believe that it is even slightly brittle. :o

Picked this up in New Orleans. It is page two of the Sub Mariner story from All Select 2. It definitely is not Everett. It has been attributed to Dan Berry but I'm not sure if that is definitive or not. Either way it is an early Timely page, which is pretty rare indeed...

timelyart.jpg

Picked this up in New Orleans. It is page two of the Sub Mariner story from All Select 2. It definitely is not Everett. It has been attributed to Dan Berry but I'm not sure if that is definitive or not. Either way it is an early Timely page, which is pretty rare indeed...

timelyart.jpg

That's awesome Richard!

timelyart.jpg

That's awesome Richard!

This whole story was for sale years back. This was definitely the coolest looking page! :applause:

timelyart.jpg

That's awesome Richard!

This whole story was for sale years back. This was definitely the coolest looking page! :applause:

Thanks. It is certainly the coolest looking of the pages that didn't have Subby in them.

I was wondering if anyone knows which was the first Marvel Mystery in the narrower size format? I know for a fact the 49 was still the larger format and the 52 was a narrow one, but was the 49 the last larger format or was it perhaps the 50 or 51? I guess I would also like to know if all the narrow issues started in the same month and year which I believe was 1944. The GCD did not have any useful information about this. Thanks!

timelyart.jpg

That's awesome Richard!

I'll add my praise for that pick-up. Simply superb interior page! :applause: