• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,063 posts in this topic

Richard how is the new store coming along? Would love to see some updated pics in that old thread you started. Any special displays planned in the near future?

The new store has been doing phenomenally well, Peter. Thanks for asking.

I posted these in general a few weeks ago...

A few shots of the new Bedrock City vintage comics room, and a chance for a Timely guy to show off a few DC comics...

dc6.jpg

dc2.jpg

dc3.jpg

dc1.jpg

Picked this up in New Orleans. It is page two of the Sub Mariner story from All Select 2. It definitely is not Everett. It has been attributed to Dan Berry but I'm not sure if that is definitive or not. Either way it is an early Timely page, which is pretty rare indeed...

timelyart.jpg

AWESOME pick-up Ricky!!! LOVE it :cloud9:

Thanks Jimmy. I knew you'd like it.

You know me TOO well my friend :hi:

Finally got around to getting a pic of this ....

youngallies7_zpsa8c5f65e.jpg

I've said it before and I'll say it again, "Young Allies and Kids Komics just don't get enough respect!" Awesome book!

+1. I'm a big fan of Young Allies. They are affordable and it's a title that can be completed due to relatively small 20 issue run.

and the Whitewash Jones close-up is priceless (thumbs u

I've said it before and I'll say it again, "Young Allies and Kids Komics just don't get enough respect!" Awesome book!

+1. I'm a big fan of Young Allies. They are affordable and it's a title that can be completed due to relatively small 20 issue run.

+1 I was SO hoping it would become Billy's alternate avatar :baiting:

I think that is what I like least about that cover :sorry:

Well said! One of my favorite early Timely's and the main areas of the cover are all there so I'm happy. I can stare at this all day, might put it in a frame and on the wall. hm:cloud9:

That begs to be framed! (thumbs u

Congratulations, that's a great page, especially the panel with the full size dragon. I have one of the subsequent pages of the same story.

allselect2f_zpsbc41d5f3.png

This is AWESOME!!! Well done sir :applause:

Here's the back of it with some creative doodling. Testing the ink flow of the brush? Anyone have information about this Strathmore seal?

P2133237_zps490e14e2.jpg

P2133239_zpse3b407f1.jpg

P2133239a_zps5ed91ffb.jpg

I need a pedigree Timely. :cloud9:

you can't have this one.

subby7.jpg

:sorry:

What a beauty. I always liked that one and the 5, the other non-Schomburg cover. The artist (Allen Simon) did some nice Classics Illustrated covers and Daring 12 for Timely.

Edited by Ameri