• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,063 posts in this topic

Congratulations, that's a great page, especially the panel with the full size dragon. I have one of the subsequent pages of the same story.

allselect2f_zpsbc41d5f3.png

Awesome!

And on your other question, going by memory I believe 51 is the first issue to shrink in size but it was kind of a hybrid with 52 being the standard smaller size format that all Timely became.

Congratulations, that's a great page, especially the panel with the full size dragon. I have one of the subsequent pages of the same story.

Awesome!

And on your other question, going by memory I believe 51 is the first issue to shrink in size but it was kind of a hybrid with 52 being the standard smaller size format that all Timely became.

Just looking at scans, I always thought the 50 might have been smaller. Thanks so much. Finally puts that question to rest :applause:

Awesome!

Just looking at scans, I always thought the 50 might have been smaller. Thanks so much. Finally puts that question to rest :applause:

For a few months, Timely had a "medium" sized format, but they quickly decided to reduce their sizes even further. MMC #51 is a medium-sized issue. Another medium one I know off the top of my head is All Winners Comics #12.

Thanks for that extra information, Timely. I assume the dates are the key thing to look at. Do you know, off hand, which issues of Submariner or Cap are medium size? Makes me want a medium-sized issue now (thumbs u

Picked this up in New Orleans. It is page two of the Sub Mariner story from All Select 2. It definitely is not Everett. It has been attributed to Dan Berry but I'm not sure if that is definitive or not. Either way it is an early Timely page, which is pretty rare indeed...

timelyart.jpg

AWESOME pick-up Ricky!!! LOVE it :cloud9:

Picked this up in New Orleans. It is page two of the Sub Mariner story from All Select 2. It definitely is not Everett. It has been attributed to Dan Berry but I'm not sure if that is definitive or not. Either way it is an early Timely page, which is pretty rare indeed...

timelyart.jpg

AWESOME pick-up Ricky!!! LOVE it :cloud9:

Thanks Jimmy. I knew you'd like it.

Finally got around to getting a pic of this ....

youngallies7_zpsa8c5f65e.jpg

I've said it before and I'll say it again, "Young Allies and Kids Komics just don't get enough respect!" Awesome book!

+1. I'm a big fan of Young Allies. They are affordable and it's a title that can be completed due to relatively small 20 issue run.