• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,082 posts in this topic

Been after a copy of this book for some time, glad I finally nabbed this one. Such a bizarre, over the top cover. Shores matches Schomburg...

RAD48C262016415_155111.jpg

I thought hard about taking a run at this one but i did not have the money. Great book! :applause:

I've been a busy collector :whee:

CAPS.jpg

Each copy has its "issues" - #30 is repro cover with interior. I can just sit and stare at 'em.

:cloud9:

Been after a copy of this book for some time, glad I finally nabbed this one. Such a bizarre, over the top cover. Shores matches Schomburg...

Great book, Andy - I love the "Torture Chamber #2" label as if the device wasn't already readily recognizable as is... "You mean it's not a giant Swiss cheese press?"

Obligingly written in English as well. :D

...they do this in case they need to order take-out delivery..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Great book, Andy - I love the "Torture Chamber #2" label as if the device wasn't already readily recognizable as is... "You mean it's not a giant Swiss cheese press?"

Notice the blonde hair? :gossip: She's Swiss. Hence the confusion.

:applause:Beautiful book, love that cover! And the irony of the cover art shouldn't be lost on anyone following the new holder discussions in General.

For your enjoyment, I'm happy to present a special "Save the Timely from the Slab" featurette!

:banana:

I just received this beauty from a recent board purchase:

allselect4_slab_f.jpg

Unfortunately (as expected), it was suffering from "the wave":

allselect4_w1.jpg

Which left me no choice...getting started was easy...there was a large opening in the top edge seam:

allselect4_dslab1.jpg

Twist, crack, twist, crack, twist, crack:

allselect4_dslab2.jpg

allselect4_dslab3.jpg

allselect4_dslab4.jpg

allselect4_dslab5.jpg

Free at last...might as well take a peek at the splash page:

allselect4_dslab6.jpg

Now resting comfortably in mylar...with 5 sheets of microchamber rather than 2 :cloud9:

allselect4_dslab7.jpg

allselect4_f.jpg

:acclaim:

For your enjoyment, I'm happy to present a special "Save the Timely from the Slab" featurette!

allselect4_slab_f.jpg

allselect4_w1.jpg

Which left me no choice...getting started was easy...there was a large opening in the top edge seam:

allselect4_dslab1.jpg

allselect4_dslab2.jpg

allselect4_dslab3.jpg

allselect4_dslab4.jpg

allselect4_dslab5.jpg

allselect4_dslab6.jpg

Now resting comfortably in mylar...with 5 sheets of microchamber rather than 2 :cloud9:

allselect4_dslab7.jpg

allselect4_f.jpg

:cloud9:

allselect4_slab_f.jpg

allselect4_w1.jpg

allselect4_dslab1.jpg

allselect4_dslab2.jpg

allselect4_dslab3.jpg

allselect4_dslab4.jpg

allselect4_dslab5.jpg

allselect4_dslab6.jpg

allselect4_dslab7.jpg

allselect4_f.jpg

Ed, did the wave disappear once the book was out of the slab? hm

Good question.

Mostly, but not completely. You can still see a remnant of if...hopefully it'll settle back down now that the pressure is off. The grade date is 4/5/16, so this 2 months worth:

allselect4_dslab8.jpg

Good question.

Mostly, but not completely. You can still see a remnant of if...hopefully it'll settle back down now that the pressure is off. The grade date is 4/5/16, so this 2 months worth:

allselect4_dslab8.jpg

Interesting. Not that the new cases haven't been causing waves -- that SF copy of National 18 being a shocking case in point -- but I think we've all become wave conscious. I think if I looked carefully I could probably find waves in some of my books in old slabs.

I think we've all become wave conscious. I think if I looked carefully I could probably find waves in some of my books in old slabs.

I hear you. However, after staring at this one and deslabbing it, I'm convinced that in this case the wave was coming from the slab. There was a pretty visible center wave running down much of the book length (I only showed the top edge, where it was most visible to a camera lens). After I deslabbed it, most of the center wave went away, with only those top edge remnants remaining...I'm not surprised there are remnants after being in that state for 2 months.

I think we've all become wave conscious. I think if I looked carefully I could probably find waves in some of my books in old slabs.

I hear you. However, after staring at this one and deslabbing it, I'm convinced that in this case the wave was coming from the slab. There was a pretty visible center wave running down much of the book length (I only showed the top edge, where it was most visible to a camera lens). After I deslabbed it, most of the center wave went away, with only those top edge remnants remaining...I'm not surprised there are remnants after being in that state for 2 months.

Yeah, the whole thing is a train wreck. :(