• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,079 posts in this topic

So, in a crummy mood today (don't ask) and my cure was to fiddle with funny books! It occurred to me that the pics I had of some of my Timely comics looked like I photographed them while falling down a flight of stairs and being beaten with a hockey stick ... you know, NOT good. So I tried to rectify some of that. First off, the last one in got a new pic (yes, you have to see it again). Looks more accurate, as do most that I got pics of. 

IMG_20221009_181836.jpg

On 10/9/2022 at 5:09 PM, Frisco Larson said:

So, in a crummy mood today (don't ask) and my cure was to fiddle with funny books! It occurred to me that the pics I had of some of my Timely comics looked like I photographed them while falling down a flight of stairs and being beaten with a hockey stick ... you know, NOT good. So I tried to rectify some of that. First off, the last one in got a new pic (yes, you have to see it again). Looks more accurate, as do most that I got pics of. 

IMG_20221009_181836.jpg

Well, what happened in the story :baiting:

On 10/9/2022 at 7:17 PM, woowoo said:

Well, what happened in the story :baiting:

The story of my down mood? Funny books to the rescue! Nothing like seeing Cap beat the snot out some baddies! That and awesome music! I don't ALWAYS listen to awesome music, but when I do, so do my neighbors! :headbang:

On 10/9/2022 at 7:45 PM, Mike Bromberg said:

#27, 28, and 37 are my absolute faves. My husband and I call this the "perforation cover." (along with MM #52, although in coolness that one is a distant second.)

I bounce between #27 & #28 as a favorite ... any given day, it could be either one. Did you buy a copy of either issue from me? A few years ago, I had 4 copies of each. Down to one of each now. 

On 10/9/2022 at 5:57 PM, Frisco Larson said:

I bounce between #27 & #28 as a favorite ... any given day, it could be either one. Did you buy a copy of either issue from me? A few years ago, I had 4 copies of each. Down to one of each now. 

Just got the 5.0 of #27 recently. My #28 is a 2.5 - but a very nice 2.5. I also have a raw #27 with two married centerfolds.

On 10/9/2022 at 8:42 PM, Mike Bromberg said:

Just got the 5.0 of #27 recently. My #28 is a 2.5 - but a very nice 2.5. I also have a raw #27 with two married centerfolds.

I DID have a blue 2.5 that I sold, I think on here, but then it may have wound up on eBay later. I'd recognize it if it was my old copy.