• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,063 posts in this topic

And sorry guys, before anyone starts asking me, I am NOT selling this issue. Love the Destroyer covers too! I feel terrible enough that I sold my Mystic # 2 and 4. Now Im keeping all my Timely rare issues.

redSkull16.jpg

And who does not want a Red Skull cover?! One of my favorite (and very difficult) GA Caps before I sent it out to CGC

I agree..cap 13 and 16 are among the toughest issues to obtain....great book!

I am trying to make a count of how many Red Skull covers there were in the Golden Age. I know of Captain America 3, 16, 61, 74. And Young Allies 1 and 4. Does anyone know if there were any more?

I am trying to make a count of how many Red Skull covers there were in the Golden Age. I know of Captain America 3, 16, 61, 74. And Young Allies 1 and 4. Does anyone know if there were any more?

cap 5 also.

recilf.jpg

Simon should know being that he and Mr. Kirby did the first 10 Captain America issues.

that was schomburg doing the skull on 3.

(thumbs u

5 is tough to to tell if it is a Red Skull cover. Maybe. It could be just death. Should ask Joe Simon to confirm it.

if it's not the Red Skull, it at least is a red skull.

lol

Love it regardless. Mid grades on these are tough. I wonder why we never saw more villians on covers back then?! Im trying to get an earlier issue than my 16, especially the 3 and 13 (I was a fool to sell my copy ), and any Kirby/Simon issue of course.

Well, I still haven't made a SDCC and I was really jealous of all the great books that everyone had purchased. Then this showed up in the mail to help brighten up my day. Big thanks to Bedrock.

Cap22CGC45.jpg

I've always loved this cover!

Cool covers. I am upset now that i sold some of my Caps. sob . I used to have 13 (low grade but still classic Japanese war cover), 17, 19 , 21, 45, 49, 61. Regret selling.

cap13.jpg

I am crying now that I sold this!

Cool covers. I am upset now that i sold some of my Caps. sob . I used to have 13 (low grade but still classic Japanese war cover), 17, 19 , 21, 45, 49, 61. Regret selling.

cap13.jpg

I am crying now that I sold this!

I found 13 to be the toughest book of the run for me...only seen 2 issues for sale in the past few years...I should have bought them both lol