• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,063 posts in this topic

Well, I still haven't made a SDCC and I was really jealous of all the great books that everyone had purchased. Then this showed up in the mail to help brighten up my day. Big thanks to Bedrock.

Cap22CGC45.jpg

I've always loved this cover!

A favorite cover of mine, love it. I don't think I have seen a high grade copy yet, maybe Bedrock has one but that's it.

what was teh previous grade on the MMC 2?

I just had Matt reattach the cover with rice paper and do a little cleaning... book is the same, just slight "resto" done that didn't structually affect the book (thumbs u

Hey Detective27kid.... I actually saw 2 more on ebay this year alone. It is a very tough issue but even metropolis will auction one off in the fall. The 16 I only saw one other time all my time searching. I think most people would prefer a Red Skull cover over a Japanese War cover. maybe.... who knows, maybe that should become a poll as well.

Hey Detective27kid.... I actually saw 2 more on ebay this year alone. It is a very tough issue but even metropolis will auction one off in the fall. The 16 I only saw one other time all my time searching. I think most people would prefer a Red Skull cover over a Japanese War cover. maybe.... who knows, maybe that should become a poll as well.

I must have missed the 13's on ebay...personally, the yellow 13 I like more than the 16, but that is just me...

here are my copies:

cap13.jpg

cap16-1.jpg

This just arrived in my mail yesterday. It's my earliest Timely. (But I only have a handful.) It doesn't compare to some of the fine examples posted above, and it won't win any awards for condition, but I still love it!

marvel-mystery-4.jpg

a MM4 is a MM4 ! :applause:

This just arrived in my mail yesterday. It's my earliest Timely. (But I only have a handful.) It doesn't compare to some of the fine examples posted above, and it won't win any awards for condition, but I still love it!

marvel-mystery-4.jpg

it is a great book!