• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,063 posts in this topic

Many thanks all! I will be around again....missed everyone!

Again? Oh, I must be the new guy.

Hey Guys! :grin:

open the door, pauly, open it up wide

Rick you are so gay, not that there is anything wrong with that. :cry:

I just wanted you to feel welcome to our little community :luhv:

This just arrived in my mail yesterday. It's my earliest Timely. (But I only have a handful.) It doesn't compare to some of the fine examples posted above, and it won't win any awards for condition, but I still love it!

marvel-mystery-4.jpg

What a wonderful book, Mutant Manatee! :applause:

This just arrived in my mail yesterday. It's my earliest Timely. (But I only have a handful.) It doesn't compare to some of the fine examples posted above, and it won't win any awards for condition, but I still love it!

marvel-mystery-4.jpg

That is one of my favorite covers of all time and the cornerstone of my collection.

:takeit: when you're ready to part with it!

:cloud9:

Paulie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Billy, allow me.

after the fact allowance dispensation granted.

Dang Lawyer.

What up my Southern Fried Mo Fo Bro?

Billy, allow me.

Dang Lawyer.

everything great down here, sir. but we're broiling hot, with lots of humidity. not alot of fun outdoors for the next month or so.

Billy, allow me.

Dang Lawyer.

everything great down here, sir. but we're broiling hot, with lots of humidity. not alot of fun outdoors for the next month or so.

Yup. Pretty steamy here too. Crazy humid too...we had a record rain fall in July.

R.

marvel-mystery-4.jpg

Very nice! This is one book I love to own one day.

Billy, allow me.

Dang Lawyer.

Yup. Pretty steamy here too. Crazy humid too...we had a record rain fall in July.

R.

Anyone remember the Ace Freely solo album...."Back, Back in the New York Groove" Anyway good to be back and nice to have so many well wishers....Thanks guys.

Paulie

Anyone remember the Ace Freely solo album...."Back, Back in the New York Groove" Anyway good to be back and nice to have so many well wishers....Thanks guys.

Paulie

:applause: (thumbs u

Thanks, everyone, for the nice comments about my Marvel Mystery Comics #4. I find myself going into my comic book room 2 or 3 times a day just to look at it. Just imagine what I'd do if I ever owned a true GA key. :)

In the spirit of disclosure I must state that the book is restored, however. In fact, you can probably spot the color touch along the spine, especially in the water area. And there's more. The back cover has been replaced with one that isn't the correct one. The book has also been trimmed on three edges. I did try to compare it with an untrimmed copy before I hit the BIN button though, and the trimming appears to be very minor.

The front cover still presents well, and the page quality is great. It was CGC graded when I bought it, purple label 0.5 Moderate (A) Trimmed/Incomplete. (Incomplete because of the incorrect back cover, that's how I was able to afford it, lol!) I promptly cracked it out when it arrived, and read it from cover to cover, just for the experience.