• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,099 posts in this topic

Great place to start! Always loved the little Gen. Rommel flag on the tank! Apparently, he was a giant too! Yellow covers :cloud9:

Yes, the Gen. Rommel flag and his size are hilarious.

I didn't know that yellow covers are so popular. hm

Yellow covers are faves for a lot of people!

(thumbs u

here's my fave yellow subby.

subby7.jpg

That is one prudy book, Mr. BP

Great place to start! Always loved the little Gen. Rommel flag on the tank! Apparently, he was a giant too! Yellow covers :cloud9:

(thumbs u

Any particular reason for that or is it just the color?

BTW, # 9 is the first yellow Human Torch cover :o

Edited by Black Lantern

(thumbs u

Any particular reason for that or is it just the color?

BTW, # 9 is the first yellow Human Torch cover :o

I think that Yellow just elicits a favorable reaction out of a lot of people. It's a strong primarily color, it's very bright and positive feeling. Our sun is yellow and we are all alive because of it. Maybe that has something to do with it.

(shrug)

Roy I think there are some holes in that theory. I just drank a bottle of Orange Crush with lunch and my pee pee is extra yellow. (shrug)

Something is definitely broken inside you. I'd just spend every penny you have on comics then.

:baiting:

282n7cz.jpg

Here's my baby. I love Syd Shores later art on Captain America. Easily one of my favorite Timely's.

GA Cap's seem to consistently go for more than guide on eBay (even real low grade copies), but the stars were aligned when I won this. I got it for less than guide, actually got it for less than the dealer himself paid. He was a real good sport about it.

Of course I had to crack it open and read it

:applause:

282n7cz.jpg

Here's my baby. I love Syd Shores later art on Captain America. Easily one of my favorite Timely's.

GA Cap's seem to consistently go for more than guide on eBay (even real low grade copies), but the stars were aligned when I won this. I got it for less than guide, actually got it for less than the dealer himself paid. He was a real good sport about it.

Of course I had to crack it open and read it

:applause:

My only "win" from the last Heritage auction. Got shut out at the CL auction :cry:

MM82cgc70.jpg

banner is very red for what's typical of that issue; usually more orange, like mine. nice book vern.

mm82.jpg