• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,018 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Silver Surfer said:

I can't find the Atlas thread so....

vqzT2R.jpg

If I know that you were in the market, I would have sold you one of the three that I currently have on hand!  Great book Peter, one my favourites

Hi everyone! I purchased my FIRST Golden Age book this weekend at Emerald City Comic Con and wanted to share it here. I spent 3 days looking at nearly every book at every dealer before deciding the pull the trigger on this Marvel Mystery Comics #29 5.0 (even though it was significantly over my budget - no regrets :bigsmile:). Love this Schomburg cover! It has it all: Human Torch, damsel in distress, bondage, zombies, hooded cloaks, decapitation. Very happy to add this to my small but growing collection. 

DSC08151.JPG

45 minutes ago, comicjack said:

Congrats on that beauty and you never over pay for something like that (thumbsu

+1; that MMC 29 presents well for a mid-grade and has great page quality, plus it's a great Schomburg Timely cover.

You done good. (thumbsu

13 hours ago, shortboxed said:

Hi everyone! I purchased my FIRST Golden Age book this weekend at Emerald City Comic Con and wanted to share it here. I spent 3 days looking at nearly every book at every dealer before deciding the pull the trigger on this Marvel Mystery Comics #29 5.0 (even though it was significantly over my budget - no regrets :bigsmile:). Love this Schomburg cover! It has it all: Human Torch, damsel in distress, bondage, zombies, hooded cloaks, decapitation. Very happy to add this to my small but growing collection. 

DSC08151.JPG

Very nice! Congrats, that's a sweet book; presents much better than grade. (thumbsu

On 3/3/2017 at 8:46 PM, bc said:

I have fully embraced the GA addiction...

RAD3DEF1201714_162848.jpg

This goes with its siblings:

photo ht_2_6run_zpserk2ptm5.jpg

-bc

Not many finer runs of books than those right there. Well done! (thumbsu

i love high-grade as much as any of us geeks, but there is something very attractive about the mid-grade run shown above; they look like a great collector's set, as opposed to a museum's set.  i just love that grouping.

On 3/8/2017 at 0:40 PM, shortboxed said:

DSC08151.JPG

Sensational way to start! Congrats on a terrific pickup. 

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 0:40 PM, shortboxed said:

DSC08151.JPG

Great first GA pickup -beautiful copy !

Be careful - my addiction started with a Marvel Mystery Comics #28 (in CGC 5.0 as well!).

-bc