• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,018 posts in this topic

I don't think Young Allies gets enough attention.  They have really cool covers!   Issues #1-5 have Captain America in it.  The covers are mostly Schomburg with some Simon & Kirby.  I think they are cool, & very affordable compared to Captain America Comics & Marvel Mystery Comics.

YA #1 has Hitler & Red Skull getting knocked out.  It is also the 1st meeting between Captain America & the Human Torch! Simon & Kirby cover.

This used to be the Highest Graded Copy, but others got pressed higher.  Still pretty darn nice!

ya1.jpg

Edited by Timely

32 minutes ago, Timely said:

I don't think Young Allies gets enough attention.  They have really cool covers!   Issues #1-5 have Captain America in it.  The covers are mostly Schomburg with some Simon & Kirby.  I think they are cool, & very affordable compared to Captain America Comics & Marvel Mystery Comics.

YA #1 has Hitler & Red Skull getting knocked out.  It is also the 1st meeting between Captain America & the Human Torch! Simon & Kirby cover.

This used to be the Highest Graded Copy, but others got pressed higher.  Still pretty darn nice!

ya1.jpg

Awesome Red Skull cover. Love the double KO! (thumbsu

32 minutes ago, Timely said:

A spectacular copy! The black logo really stands out.

ya7.jpg

The black logo isn't the only thing that stands out. Who is the character in the bottom right supposed to be? I thought racial stereotypes were reserved for the bad guys in the Golden Age?