• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Serious question for CGC...

57 posts in this topic

Having put up with it for years now, I've decided to ask the obvious question...

When using the online submission form through the Collector's Society, is there any reason the following changes can't be made to the code so it's a *little* easier to do the submission?

• Quantity defaults to "0": Who submits zero books? Why can't it default to "1" so we don't have to type the obvious "1" on every single line?
  • Have the "Publisher" field hold on to the last entered value until it's changed. Monotonous typing that doesn't have to exist.
  • Have the "Title" field hold on to the last entered value until it's changed.

These little changes would make it SO much easier to do a long submission. Can you guys do something about it? :foryou:

Pretty please? :foryou::foryou:

My pet peeve is that if I use a different site to get my "10%" dicount, then it opens up an additional account for me at CGC central. Then when I call without the invoice number, they have to go through a bunch of pas accounts to find the right one. It doesn't help that I went with Metro and then they withdrew as one of the submitting folks.

Ed

this thread might go well in the Ask CGC forum (thumbs u

I didn't think they'd answer it because I added my tiny dose of DiceX to the way I asked it.

I can't help it. I was born that way.

I'm confident they'll see it here. :popcorn:

• Administrator
Having put up with it for years now, I've decided to ask the obvious question...

When using the online submission form through the Collector's Society, is there any reason the following changes can't be made to the code so it's a *little* easier to do the submission?

• Quantity defaults to "0": Who submits zero books? Why can't it default to "1" so we don't have to type the obvious "1" on every single line?
  • Have the "Publisher" field hold on to the last entered value until it's changed. Monotonous typing that doesn't have to exist.

These little changes would make it SO much easier to do a long submission. Can you guys do something about it? :foryou:

Perfect timing on this post. We were just discussing some improvements to the online forms that will be coming soon.

Perfect timing on this post. We were just discussing some improvements to the online forms that will be coming soon.

THE POWER OF DICE COMPELS YOU!

:sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo:

I am sooooo glad to hear that!

Hopefully some of those changes might include an spreadsheet import function :wishluck: or are so awesome it wouldn't be needed.

Thanks for chiming in Dena! (thumbs u

Cool! More Sub-Forums?

wow, I didn't know Dice carried so much weight....maybe we are done with the Nik bump and onto the Dice dump (worship)

Vini Vidi Dicey