• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can anyone recommend a good cgc display stand?

18 posts in this topic

I'm looking for a couple nice single display stands that will work well with cgc books. I'm looking into getting a glass display cabinet and need a few to show off the books. I purchased a couple cheaper plastic ones on ebay that worked, but they sat the book up too high and I didn't really like the the overall look so I sent them back. I found these http://www.theplatelady.com/bards/B121-101.jpg and I actually think these might work well even though there meant to be used for displaying plates. anyone have any other ideas? Thanks

Stop by a frame shop, most have small easels and also stands like the ones for plates, probably in greater varieties so you may actually find some you like.

hhmm, I'll have to look. Off hand I don't even know any frame shops that are around here. gotta be atleast one though. I thought maybe a few members have done the same thing I'm looking to do and could lend me some advice.

It really depends how fancy you want your display to look. 99 cent store displays are going to be exactly what you pay for, the CGC case will be the eye candy but, if you really want an all-around display, framing is 10 times better, or nice dark-wooden display casings-- solid! Or if you are going to display a whole lot of books, sliding panels form Home depo will make your cases slide on the wall, having even up 5-6 holding from underneath and from on top, and even having several rows of cgc cases displayed..an entire wall!! It all really depends how many you want displayed, if it's one or two, cheap is where it's at, if they are expensive, framed is where it's at.. that's just me 2c

I suggest a trip to Home Depot. Purchase 8" long closet shelving, and create your own dealer-type stand for around $100. I built one with the advice of adamstrange, and it displays 55 books wonderfully.

Here is a picture of his display, which I utilized as a guideline:

ComicRack-1.jpg

It really depends how fancy you want your display to look. 99 cent store displays are going to be exactly what you pay for, the CGC case will be the eye candy but, if you really want an all-around display, framing is 10 times better, or nice dark-wooden display casings-- solid! Or if you are going to display a whole lot of books, sliding panels form Home depo will make your cases slide on the wall, having even up 5-6 holding from underneath and from on top, and even having several rows of cgc cases displayed..an entire wall!! It all really depends how many you want displayed, if it's one or two, cheap is where it's at, if they are expensive, framed is where it's at.. that's just me 2c

does anyone have pics of cgc books framed? thought they would be too thick to do that sorta thing. to be honest, plastic would be o.k.but the oak wood display stands would be more ideal. it also depends on if I end getting a cheaper glass display cabinet (ex: ikea) or one of the more expensive high quality ones as well. But the wooden one's like the link I provided are the one's i'm most interested in.

I original thought about getting a couple of the ikea cabinets and hooking up LED lights inside:

pic21.jpg

I suppose either plastic or wooden stands would look decent in these.

those ikea wall mounted stands don't look bad either but I like the look of a glass cabinet.

I original thought about getting a couple of the ikea cabinets and hooking up LED lights inside:

pic21.jpg

those ikea wall mounted stands don't look bad either but I like the look of a glass cabinet.

Last time I looked, there are sellers on ebay listing these cases. DO NOT buy them from these guys. These are sold by IKEA, and when I checked 2 years ago, were MUCH cheaper through IKEA's catalog. I suspect the guys on ebay just have them drop shipped to their winning bidders.

pic21.jpg

Last time I looked, there are sellers on ebay listing these cases. DO NOT buy them from these guys. These are sold by IKEA, and when I checked 2 years ago, were MUCH cheaper through IKEA's catalog. I suspect the guys on ebay just have them drop shipped to their winning bidders.

yeah I noticed that the store sells them for $60 and most sellers want $150-175 shipped. I would just drive 2 hrs to baltimore and pick them up.

"Not sure if CGC slabs plus stand would fit... "

I had measurements of the shelves height written around here somewhere. I thought they would work but I better find that out again just to be sure. Also it's another reason why I need a stand that doesn't prop the book up too high.

Not sure if CGC slabs plus stand would fit...

They do. I have this exact glass cabinet and I bought photo easels from a craft store and put up two slabs per shelf in a "V" formation toward the front.

thanks for clearing that up. (thumbs u do you have any pics?

Heres what I use (granted I picked this up from Circuit City when it closed, but I imagine it can be found somewhere else as well)

cgctotal.jpg

Heres a side view

closetopen.jpg

And the back, where i have a few hundred raw books but you could easily put more slabs. It has wheels so it rolls for easy access

comicrack.jpg