• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Future

19 posts in this topic

Don't normally post things like this, but this time ... what the hell, makes me feel like the future of funny book collecting is alive a well!

Caught my son reading my newest acqisition:

Strange Stories From Another World #3.

Not only was he reading it, he was so caught up in the story, he had no idea I was taking his photo.

Photo0164.jpg

(Sorry 'bout the quality, I quickly took it with my mobile.)

After he had finished, I aksed him if he liked it.

The answer was a resounding "yes"! Scary, but not too scary. Great for a ten year old.

Any way, thought I'd share.

I hope your kids get a kick out of what you collect.

I think he was wrestling the Family Croc.

Yeah, after fighting the bloody kangaroos in the street and dodging those pesky koala bears!!

You funny Yanks crack me up. :devil:

Broke his wrist on one of these stupid bloody things!

ripstick1.jpg

Yeah, after fighting the bloody kangaroos in the street and dodging those pesky koala bears!!

ripstick1.jpg

lol

Those inline boards or whatever they are called are dangerous.

My daughter around Christmas time. We went to the LCS to pick up a few new comics and she was glued to this right through dinner.

EastSide02-093.jpg

EastSide02-097.jpg

The answer was a resounding "yes"! Scary, but not too scary. Great for a ten year old.

HeyMoe, that's a great pic! Glad your son enjoyed the book, does he want to read more of them?

Just watch out he doesn't start telling you he disagrees with your grading and starts to point out any restoration he's spotted! :baiting:

Nice pic Moe, looks like we have a pre code fan in the making!

Here is my daughter a few years ago in our hotel room after her first day at the Chicago Comic Con.

ellen_tj.jpg

We now read comics daily.

Moronic things are known as RipStiks!

Who thought it would be a good idea to put a caster wheel on the ends of a skate board??

ripstick1.jpg

lol

Those inline boards or whatever they are called are dangerous.

I've got an Alan White Special Edition Comics #1 on display in a frame in the living room (as my expertly restored copy (worship):foryou::hi: is safely tucked away). My 2 1/2 year old son noticed it a couple of weeks ago and kept staring at it and making little explosion noises as there are explosions on the cover.

seccoverafterct.jpg

I have no idea where he got the idea for the noises from, but I peed my pants when I saw him do it.

We look at covers often, and he likes rockets so we go through the Atom Age stuff and he has a blast :kidaround:

Don't normally post things like this, but this time ... what the hell, makes me feel like the future of funny book collecting is alive a well!

Caught my son reading my newest acqisition:

Strange Stories From Another World #3.

Not only was he reading it, he was so caught up in the story, he had no idea I was taking his photo.

Photo0164.jpg

(Sorry 'bout the quality, I quickly took it with my mobile.)

If you took the picture in black in white it would be priceless ^^

WEBHEAD

Hey, I know better than anybody that kids still like to READ comics, it's getting them to pay thousands of $$ for HG examples when they're adults that's going to be near impossible. lol