• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nearmint's Nedors...get 'em while there's still a few left!

135 posts in this topic

Schomburg covers certainly aren't PC. I guess the war years were not a time for political correctness.

Certainly not. Considering, Pearl Harbor, we had our backs to the wall and the hostility came out on all those great WWII covers :mad:

Revised list of what's left. Someone should nab that America's Best #16. Highest graded copy of a Schomburg war cover for $600? doh!

America's Best Comics #6 CGC 9.2 $2950 ON HOLD

America’s Best Comics #16 CGC 7.5 Highest Graded Copy $600

Black Terror #4 CGC 8.5 $1200

Exciting Comics #31 CGC 9.6 Church Copy, Highest Graded Copy $5200

Fighting Yank #4 CGC 6.5 $850

Fighting Yank #13 CGC 7.5 $625

Startling Comics #24 CGC 9.0 Slight Professional resto $550

Startling Comics #35 CGC 6.0 Church Copy $1250

Thrilling Comics #19 CGC 9.4 1st Appearance of The American Crusader $3800

Thrilling Comics #33 CGC 8.0 Gerber no-show, from the collection of Charles Strong, only the Church copy grades higher $995

Wonder Comics #2 CGC 8.0 $1100

Fighting Yank #10 CGC 9.0, Classic Cover, $1100

fightingyank10.jpg

:takeit:

Thanks, Phil. You got yourself a great book. (thumbs u

Yah, I'm stoked! :banana:

BTW, I love the link on your site of all the old photos of kids (and adults!) reading comics and the old comic book shops and stands! Great stuff! If anyone has not seen it go check it out! (not a promo to the site folks....just some great historical stuff on that link!)

I know I sound like a broken record, but even I'm shocked by the speed and ferocity of the buying for these Nedors....it took Jeff many years to piece together his collection, and he basically sold 80% of it in a couple of days, and at very strong prices.

I'm very happy to see the Nedor market finally come into its own, with more and more collectors finding themselves entranced with the great Schomburg covers and wanting to add a few to their collections. :applause:

And if you haven't bought one from Jeff yet, what are you waiting for....? (shrug)

I know I sound like a broken record, but even I'm shocked by the speed and ferocity of the buying for these Nedors....it took Jeff many years to piece together his collection, and he basically sold 80% of it in a couple of days, and at very strong prices.

I'm very happy to see the Nedor market finally come into its own, with more and more collectors finding themselves entranced with the great Schomburg covers and wanting to add a few to their collections. :applause:

And if you haven't bought one from Jeff yet, what are you waiting for....? (shrug)

Waiting for the bankruptcy to finalize..... :tonofbricks:

(: