• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Suggested comic book reading from 7/8 yo's boys and girls

66 posts in this topic

May I ask exactly what is 'offensive" about this ad? Think back when you were a child of 10, I know you saw something more horrific and scarring than this silly image when you were that age...

Jim

Yep, it was called 'Salem's Lot'! I think I finally got over it about 5 years ago, in my early thirties lol

http://www.firstsecondbooks.com/robotDreams.html

robotDreams420.jpg

Dog + Robot = Best Friends Forever

When dog gets lonely, he builds himself a friend from a mail-order robot kit, Soon the two are happily sharing movies, popcorn, and peaceful evenings until a summer day’s swim leaves robot rusted and immobile. Robot Dreams chronicles the next year: the dog’s desperate search for new friends and the robot’s dreams—first from the beach, then from the junkyard—of his lost friend, the dog.

Without words, Sara Varon’s simple, moving, and instantly endearing artwork tells us all a story of friendship, loneliness, and forgiveness.

http://www.firstsecondbooks.com/robotDreams.html

Dog + Robot = Best Friends Forever

When dog gets lonely, he builds himself a friend from a mail-order robot kit, Soon the two are happily sharing movies, popcorn, and peaceful evenings until a summer day’s swim leaves robot rusted and immobile. Robot Dreams chronicles the next year: the dog’s desperate search for new friends and the robot’s dreams—first from the beach, then from the junkyard—of his lost friend, the dog.

Without words, Sara Varon’s simple, moving, and instantly endearing artwork tells us all a story of friendship, loneliness, and forgiveness.

I was wondering about these silent comics for kids as I am looking for some comics for my nieces. Doesn't it defeat the purpose of having kids read when there are no words? I have an Owly comic and am going to share it will them to see if they like it but without words I fail to see the learning benefit.