• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Golden Age books.you are going after this year?

75 posts in this topic

Actually, no. Still collecting Schomburg Nedors war covers. Still upgrading Action 50-63 and Supes 10-20 when I can, still adding a book here an there to my 80 Page Giant collection.

Still having a great time with it all!

Well, still completing my Marvel Mystery little run in VF or better, I'm missing 13,15,17,20,22. Also looking for Human Torch 5(#5) and a few more More Fun with Doc Fate cover, all into the VF range. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I'm still on the Bathunt trying to complete my set of Batman, and am going for some of the Detective's with Bob Kane covers, post-Robin. Nice books, and affordable compared to the pre-Robin stuff.

I need an Amazing-Man # 9 (lite restoration preffered) to complete my run of Everett, issues # 5-11. Some Catman's, and just about any Timely's G/VG to Fine. thumbsup2.gif

I hope later in the year when I have money to spend again I will be able to find a Marvel Comics 1 in CGC 5.5 or better condition. I've got my fingers crossed one will show up in Heritage's big summer auction.

Other than that I'm trying to complete a small readers only run of Superman 2-12.

How about the Nic Cage 5.0 copy that Metro has? cloud9.gif Only October copy I have seen in the last 2 years.

Actually I have switched back to grade silver this year mainly because I want to have various high grade stuff I have always cherished in my collection. High grade GA is little more painful on the wallet but I hope to buy a Sub-Mariner Comics #32 raw and get it slabbed. Also just saw the cover for Journey Into Mystery #16 (not sure if this is still SA?) and now I have to find a decent copy.

Finding myself torn between older collecting habits (pre-code horror) and newer habits (VF issues of All Star). Also been playing around in the cheaper seats of the Batman game, working on a VFish run of issues 200-300.

Now looking to sell off many of my ECs to finance other comic addictions, something I'd never have dreamed of doing 5 years ago.

Actually I have switched back to grade silver this year mainly because I want to have various high grade stuff I have always cherished in my collection. High grade GA is little more painful on the wallet but I hope to buy a Sub-Mariner Comics #32 raw and get it slabbed. Also just saw the cover for Journey Into Mystery #16 (not sure if this is still SA?) and now I have to find a decent copy.

I'm curious as the why you want to get the book only to slab it? I usually do the reverse. tongue.gif

(Subby 32 is such a cool book. Good Luck!)

This is not the year but next year - 2006 - I SHALL obtain my Cap 75, my Eerie 1 1947 and my Secret Diary of Eerie. I shall also complete my pre-code horror type set. You heard it hear 1st! grin.gif

You'll never get an Eerie 1........buh ha ha ha ha! devil.gif

This is not the year but next year - 2006 - I SHALL obtain my Cap 75, my Eerie 1 1947 and my Secret Diary of Eerie. I shall also complete my pre-code horror type set. You heard it hear 1st! grin.gif

I hate you. Have I mentioned that lately? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifmmmmmmm? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I hate you. Have I mentioned that lately? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifmmmmmmm? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

takeit.gifyay.gif