• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

San Diego Comic Con Tickets

13 posts in this topic

An opportunity just came up for some friends and I to hit up SD. I thought I wouldn't be able to miss some work for this but now that I can Im excited about the possibility of going. Now I know that the 4 day as well as fri & sat are sold out.

Can anyone tell me how feasible it is to snag 4 day passes or even the single day passes? Boardies with extra tickets or canceled plans out there?

Does anyone know if ppl are trying to scalp their SDCC 4 day passes on eBay or Craigslist, Southern (shrug) California yet?

If anyone does buy through these venues please be careful. Saw a news story last night about fake ACDC tickets sold through craigslist. Buyer did not pay through paypal and the seller has disappeared.

SDCC no longer mails out tickets so buyer beware of any tickets sold on ebay or craigslist.

People have to pick up their tickets in person with valid ID card at the convention center itself. There is a set deadline for when people can change the registration name to a different person.

I would not buy a "scalped" ticket unless I knew the person or perhaps if the person was a fellow boardie with a good reputation.

Cheers!

N

I was reading something a few weeks ago ( i think it was on the sdcc site) and they mentioned that this year you can request a refund for your ticket by a certain date but they are not allowing transfers because of the issues they had last year with scalped tickets..I will post a link if I can find it...My girlfriend just told me that it was mentioned somewhere during the confirmation and purchase of our tickets...Just an FYI :)

I was reading something a few weeks ago ( i think it was on the sdcc site) and they mentioned that this year you can request a refund for your ticket by a certain date but they are not allowing transfers because of the issues they had last year with scalped tickets..I will post a link if I can find it...My girlfriend just told me that it was mentioned somewhere during the confirmation and purchase of our tickets...Just an FYI :)

That was my understanding from what it said when I purchased the tickets, but I was hoping I read it incorrectly. It looks like I will have one extra four day pass and I hate to just give it back instead of choosing who I can give it to.

This is from the SDCC site:

PLEASE NOTE:

Refund requests must be received in writing by June 19, 2009 to Comic-Con Refund Request, PO Box 128458, San Diego, CA 92112-8458.

BADGES WILL NOT BE MAILED OUT IN ADVANCE. PLEASE BRING YOUR BAR CODED CONFIRMATION LETTER AND PHOTO ID ONSITE TO RECEIVE YOUR BADGE. BADGES WILL NOT BE PROVIDED WITHOUT A PRINTED, BAR CODED CONFIRMATION and ID.

NEW FOR 2009:

TRANSFER/RESALE POLICY: RESELLING, REUSING OR TRANSFERRING A COMIC-CON MEMBERSHIP IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

IF YOU CANNOT ATTEND COMIC-CON 2009 YOU MUST APPLY FOR A REFUND BY JUNE 19, 2009 FOLLOWING THE REFUND POLICY LISTED ABOVE. COMIC-CON RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE ITS CANCELLATION, REFUND AND EXCHANGE POLICY AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE.

Brian

This is from the SDCC site:

PLEASE NOTE:

Refund requests must be received in writing by June 19, 2009 to Comic-Con Refund Request, PO Box 128458, San Diego, CA 92112-8458.

BADGES WILL NOT BE MAILED OUT IN ADVANCE. PLEASE BRING YOUR BAR CODED CONFIRMATION LETTER AND PHOTO ID ONSITE TO RECEIVE YOUR BADGE. BADGES WILL NOT BE PROVIDED WITHOUT A PRINTED, BAR CODED CONFIRMATION and ID.

NEW FOR 2009:

TRANSFER/RESALE POLICY: RESELLING, REUSING OR TRANSFERRING A COMIC-CON MEMBERSHIP IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

IF YOU CANNOT ATTEND COMIC-CON 2009 YOU MUST APPLY FOR A REFUND BY JUNE 19, 2009 FOLLOWING THE REFUND POLICY LISTED ABOVE. COMIC-CON RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE ITS CANCELLATION, REFUND AND EXCHANGE POLICY AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE.

Brian

I can verify this, as I ended up with an extra 4-day membership (received one as a gift after I had already purchased one) and wanted to transfer it to a friend, but was only able to get a refund...fortunately my friend bought his 4-day membership before they sold out.

so, if you have multiple passes, just picked them all up and meet the person you are giving it to at the con...they can't check id's once you have the badge, problem solved (thumbs u

Will the organizers allow you to pick up badges for multiple people without multiple IDs?

However, I agree, there will be people scalping their badges after they pick them up. A lot of people buy the 4 day badge to get in on preview night and opening day. Afterwards, they sell off the badge in time for the weekend crowd.

Good luck everyone.

Cheers!

N