• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any Looney Tunes/Porky Pig shorts experts here?

10 posts in this topic

Hi everyone...

I'm trying to locate a particular Looney Tunes clip for my gf. It's her earliest memory and would mean the world to her (and earn me huge bonus points) if I could track it down.

It's a b/w clip and involves Porky getting prepped for cooking (stuck in a roasting pan with an apple in his mouth). We've both searched online extensively for this with no luck. I'm hoping some Looney Tunes expert might have the answer for me, all I really need is the title of the clip.

Thanks!

Could be the cartoon you seek is "Fish Tales" a Looney tunes offering from1936.

Here is a quote from Jerry Beck and Will Friedwald's "Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies - a Complete Guide to the Warner Bros. Cartoons":

It's a tad flatly directed, and the character of Porky doesn't yet have the personality he will have in a year or so, but this is potentially one of the most effectively gruesome cartoons ever made.

Porky, fishing on the open sea, bites into a donut, which is revealed to be bait set by a giant fish, who, in a frightening role reversal, reels Porky in, grabs him by the feet and takes him home to be eaten by his family.

There the fish "scales" Porky by scraping his clothes off with a huge knife, garnishes him by forcing an apple into his mouth , and sticks him in an oven, flames dancing all around him.

Escaping the oven, the hapless pig is chased all over the ocean by a no end of frightening sea creatures, among them eels, octopuses and a swordfish.

Waking from his dream, Porky, not surprisingly, recants and tosses overboard all the fish he has caught, as well as his gear.

Released May 23 1936. Supervision by Jack King, Animation by Bob McKimson and Don Williams, Musical Score by Norman Spencer.

Hope this helps.

I've been up since 4:00 a.m. and am blanking out on the title. It's an early one when Porky was a bit grotesque and is on one of the Looney Tunes Golden Collection sets; it's a dream sequence where he's force fed by creepy little man. Ask Jerry Beck over at Cartoon Brew. He'll set you up.

Duffman is referring to a different cartoon than I, but I suspect the one I am thinking of is the one you refer to. The setup before the dream is that Porky is insatiably hungry, and driving his mother crazy by gobbling everything in sight.

Scratch that - I think the Duffman synopsis is the right one.

Both cartoons are a bit unsettling.

Here is Fish Tales, it has a roasting pan/apple scene near the end.

But like Pontoon, I also first thought of episode where Porky had the food nightmare, but I do not think he got cooked with an apple..just strapped in a chair(and his nose too) and force fed along a crazy food assembly line till he was over stuffed?

I looked through about 15 of the 194 plot summaries at IMDB but couldn't find it.

I seem to recall it but I don't think it can be found in the summary since it was probably a brief scene.

We spent quite a bit of time there as well...thanks for looking though, I really appreciate your efforts!

Here is Fish Tales, it has a roasting pan/apple scene near the end.

But like Pontoon, I also first thought of episode where Porky had the food nightmare, but I do not think he got cooked with an apple..just strapped in a chair(and his nose too) and force fed along a crazy food assembly line till he was over stuffed?

Ah, early Porky Pig. Everyone forgets that he was the big star until well after Bugs arrived. Great cartoon.

78397.jpg.3ecdde96d86a58465caf897d4f204994.jpg