• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another brilliant question from me!

21 posts in this topic

I want to start selling. BUT, I want to make sure I get it right. When I post the book do I have to have a set price, or can I take offers? Just double checking before I dive into the shark infested waters.

(shrug)

Always state a price that you would be willing to sell for. However, you can obviously accept offers should you wish and you might want to clearly state that fact.

Also make sure you give details on payment methods accepted and shipping charges. (thumbs u

Another VERY IMPORTANT aspect is you will need to get the right shipping materials...especially if you're intending on selling and shipping a ton of books. I'm assuming these are all raw books (I have not read through all your threads)...raw books need to be sandwiched between thick-enough cardboard slabs that would take at least some intended effort to bend...also print FRAGILE and DO NOT BEND! on the envelope. If shipped Priority in the box, quite a bit safer to use bubble wrap, peanuts, wadded newspaper etc to safeguard the books...DO NOT SCRIMP ON PROTECTION!

and GOOD LUCK! :headbang:

Another VERY IMPORTANT aspect is you will need to get the right shipping materials...especially if you're intending on selling and shipping a ton of books. I'm assuming these are all raw books (I have not read through all your threads)...raw books need to be sandwiched between thick-enough cardboard slabs that would take at least some intended effort to bend...also print FRAGILE and DO NOT BEND! on the envelope. If shipped Priority in the box, quite a bit safer to use bubble wrap, peanuts, wadded newspaper etc to safeguard the books...DO NOT SCRIMP ON PROTECTION!

and GOOD LUCK! :headbang:

+1

(thumbs u

Do this.....in order...

1) List book on Comiclink.

2) List on Ebay as Buy It Now

3) Start a thread in General stating that you want to list the book...be sure to name title, issue number, and grade.

4) If it's a Bronze book, list in the Silver Age section of the marketplace. :gossip: Higher dollar customers.

5) In order to conserve server space, use the smallest scan available. We don't want to crash the server.

6) When you finally list the book. give a vague description of its condition. Don't get bogged down in all these grading numbers. It just confuses people.

7) Don't set a price. Let the market decide. Just say you're open to offers. We know what we want to pay. You know what you want to sell it for. Eventually it will all work out.

8) Let us know your plans if the book doesn't sell. Will you slab it? Back in the box? A good solid pressing? We need to know that and the pressure may increase the books value.

9) 2 words: Manilla envelopes!!!! We all love to save a little on shipping! (thumbs u

10) Have fun and good luck!!

Do this.....in order...

3) Start a thread in General stating that you want to list the book...be sure to name title, issue number, and grade.

4) If it's a Bronze book, list in the Silver Age section of the marketplace. :gossip: Higher dollar customers.

5) In order to conserve server space, use the smallest scan available. We don't want to crash the server.

6) When you finally list the book. give a vague description of its condition. Don't get bogged down in all these grading numbers. It just confuses people.

7) Don't set a price. Let the market decide. Just say you're open to offers. We know what we want to pay. You know what you want to sell it for. Eventually it will all work out.

8) Let us know your plans if the book doesn't sell. Will you slab it? Back in the box? A good solid pressing? We need to know that and the pressure may increase the books value.

9) 2 words: Manilla envelopes!!!! We all love to save a little on shipping! (thumbs u

:tonofbricks:

Do this.....in order...

(worship) (worship)

I love number 8

That always makes me wonder what the point is!

Do this.....in order...

11) Remember to attach a story about knowing nothing about comics and getting these from a relati...Oh, wait a minute. :eek:

Do this.....in order...

11) Remember to attach a story about knowing nothing about comics and getting these from a relati...Oh, wait a minute. :eek:

12) Arguing about a .5 grade difference in the PGM ...Did I say that out loud :P