• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Watchmen....buy or sell???

14 posts in this topic

Hey guys, new to the site, hope this is in the right forum, quick question, now that the craze around Watchmen is over is it time to buy or sell? I look on ebay and GPA and see the prices falling. I wonder if it was all the hype/economy or that there are simply too many of the books graded highly out there, therefore price goes down?? I have a full set at 9.8 and am wondering if I should sell it or hold on and wait it out??? I am hoping the prices rise back up in a yr or two just because due to the popularity and background of the whole series....any suggestions would be much appreciated....

the noob!

Welcome to the boards!

IMO the price will continue down. I sold all my Watchmen before the movie came out and believe that I could easily buy them back for less today, and expect that they will be available at even lower cost a year from today. I don't think continued popularity is any substitute for the pre-movie hype in terms of lifting prices. Couple that with ever increasing supply that the previous high prices brought to market and I think prices still go lower from here!

Just my 2c

Welcome to the boards!

IMO the price will continue down. I sold all my Watchmen before the movie came out and believe that I could easily buy them back for less today, and expect that they will be available at even lower cost a year from today. I don't think continued popularity is any substitute for the pre-movie hype in terms of lifting prices. Couple that with ever increasing supply that the previous high prices brought to market and I think prices still go lower from here!

Just my 2c

For all superhero movies with no sequels in works, buy comics at least one or two years before movie comes out,sell them when or just before movie comes out.

The watchmen ship has sailed, move on to the next superhero movie hyped.

Hey guys, new to the site, hope this is in the right forum, quick question, now that the craze around Watchmen is over is it time to buy or sell? I look on ebay and GPA and see the prices falling. I wonder if it was all the hype/economy or that there are simply too many of the books graded highly out there, therefore price goes down?? I have a full set at 9.8 and am wondering if I should sell it or hold on and wait it out??? I am hoping the prices rise back up in a yr or two just because due to the popularity and background of the whole series....any suggestions would be much appreciated....

the noob!

You should sell the books. Actually, you should have sold them before the movie, assuming you have them as investments(which it appears you do). Prices are not going up in the near future. If you like the books, you will be able to buy them back cheaper in a year.

I used to pay attention to Watchmen sales and I remember your user ID. If you sell now you will take a huge hit on what you paid. As someone already mentioned, your best bet is probably the video release in a few months. Go to the Copper threads to search for more detailed info (especially this one).

The best time to sell has unfortunately passed. By my reckoning it ended in October '08. :(