• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk #1 Opinions?????

45 posts in this topic

Here is a really nice Hulk #1 that I am going to be selling. It has had some restoration. You can not tell by looking at the cover but on the inside edges, you see where there have been a few "Marvel Chips" replaced.

Still a really super book. If I am to sell it, should I send this in for grading or should I not since there has been some resto on it?

Also, what grade would you guys give it?

cover.jpg

back.jpg

Yes, I would get it graded. With a high dollar book like that any potential buyer will want to know exactly what restoration has been done and if it is extensive, moderate, or slight. Perhaps more work has been done that is not obvious. They are also going to want to know the apparent grade.

Nice book!

Nice book. Nice restoration work as well. Getting it slabbed is a toss-up in my book, for several reasons that are probably better off left unsaid. Good Luck with your sale.

I think you are all missing the big crease on the bottom rt. of the FC - and the CT on the the chip repair is pretty obvious. 5.5 Moderate resto.

Still a decent looking copy

I think you are all missing the big crease on the bottom rt. of the FC - and the CT on the the chip repair is pretty obvious. 5.5 Moderate resto.

Still a decent looking copy

I didn't miss anything . . . :grin: Still, it should be slabbed before selling to provide the buyer the necessary information to make a qualified purchase. :) And to maximize the FMV of the book.

You can sell it to me for a penny and I'll get it graded. That's cheap and what I consider the best idea. (thumbs u

:jokealert:

Send it to the CGC under the express tier. If you're going to a CGC-sponsored show anytime soon, take it in person and drop it off.

Why is everyone so hot for this book to get slabbed? Other than trusting Mark (or whoever) to find all the restoration work (which should be documented somewhere already, IMO), what is the benefit? If it was unrestored, I could see why.