• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More Fun #45 ...should I get it?

29 posts in this topic

it is a low demand book of a non hero golden age title...I think the appeal is there, I mean it is a cool book none the less, but where did the 5-6 folks in line part come in?

I will try to get some pics...

lol there's a wait list of 5 or 6 people for that book. I don't get it.

ok, what am I missing (shrug)

A friend has a MF 45. Trippy has a few books the friend wants. A bunch of people want the MF45, but the current owner doesn't necessarily want to part with it. However, it is potentially available to Trippy as part of a trade. Trippy wants to know why people want the book. I'm guessing Trippy sees the book as enticing due to the level of outside interest, but doesn't necessarily get what the interest is in the book. Does that sound right Trippy?

it is a low demand book of a non hero golden age title...I think the appeal is there, I mean it is a cool book none the less, but where did the 5-6 folks in line part come in?

Exactly.

Exactly.

maybe a shot of pepto and I will feel better, huh doc lol

I will try to get some pics...

lol there's a wait list of 5 or 6 people for that book. I don't get it.

ok, what am I missing (shrug)

A friend has a MF 45. Trippy has a few books the friend wants. A bunch of people want the MF45, but the current owner doesn't necessarily want to part with it. However, it is potentially available to Trippy as part of a trade. Trippy wants to know why people want the book. I'm guessing Trippy sees the book as enticing due to the level of outside interest, but doesn't necessarily get what the interest is in the book. Does that sound right Trippy?

(thumbs u

A friend of mine here in NC has a nice VG/F unrestored copy of this book and it has generated a lot of interest and I have a chance of snagging it. I was wondering if there is anything special about this book besides it being scarce? Should I get this book or should I pass?

be frugal in what you give for it. as one who has sold a good number of d.c.'s lately, and some really nice ones in fact, take my word for it then when it comes time for you to sell it, it's going to be a less fun 45.

I need it! :hi:

The interest factor is obviously higher for people trying to do a run of MF's. Or complete a full DC run ( Ian Levine way back when) or for niche collectors who's field of interest might be featured on the cover or for cover collectors, who think the cover is cool.