• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many 75-80 books did you submit. Running total.

58 posts in this topic

I sent in 35 75-79ers, in a 90 book sub.

And yeah, I'll gladly admit some of those are throwing mud at a wall and seeing what, if anything, sticks. ;)

It doesn't make sense to sub those books at $30+ now.

zero. the only way i could have paid for a bulk submission would be tapping into my HELO, which I'm not going to do willy nilly.

I suspect when submissions from this era drop 90%+ and consist solely of a few new x-men (94 up), DD 158 and a couple of spideys and some other oddball books I can't think of right now, that they may reconsider and reduce the price increase, at least for big submissions.

zero. the only way i could have paid for a bulk submission would be tapping into my HELO, which I'm not going to do willy nilly.

I suspect when submissions from this era drop 90%+ and consist solely of a few new x-men (94 up), DD 158 and a couple of spideys and some other oddball books I can't think of right now, that they may reconsider and reduce the price increase, at least for big submissions.

I doubt prices will go back for these books. They will be doing less volume, perhaps, but at higher prices for everything. i.e. less work for probably very similar money.

I wonder if, 5 years from now, they will change the modern definition from 1980+ to 1985+ ...

I wonder if, 5 years from now, they will change the modern definition from 1980+ to 1985+ ...

That will probably depend on what happens to the market 5 years from now.

Take whatever the defense gives you.

Goose eggs.

I figure I would wait a month before subbing anything again due to probably the mad rush of people sending books in at this time.

Anyone care to take stab at how long the wait will be on moderns? I say 40 days.
I am 8 days away from 3 months since I subbed my junk at NYCC. If this is any indication, it may be awhile.

45 was all I was motivated to do.

Up to 847 now.

There is no motivation until they are slabbed and back in your posession. Motivation to pay CGC is much less then motivation to recoupe money.