• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #1 grading bias

15 posts in this topic

How in the hell is this a 1.0???

Do you mean that it should be a .5 because of the missing chunk?

According to Overstreet's grading guidelines, a book can be missing 1/4 of the front cover (!) and still eke out a Fair. This actually seems a pretty reasonable example of the grade to me.

Thanks! I'm not sure, but it looks like it. I love his Mini Marvels work. I like his, Agnes Garbowska and Laurie Breitkreuz. BTW, Laurie's a personal friend of mine and she just did a variant cover for Top Cow's Witchblade which came out awesome. She's sending me a couple of copies and I'll have to post them up here somewhere.

Happens to all of us from time to time! lol

Since this thread's here, it's my understanding that a book that is complete and missing no more than 25% of its cover would get a 1.0 minimum. Incomplete beater books get the 0.5, and coverless books get the NG. Is this accurate?

Thanks! I'm not sure, but it looks like it. I love his Mini Marvels work. I like his, Agnes Garbowska and Laurie Breitkreuz. BTW, Laurie's a personal friend of mine and she just did a variant cover for Top Cow's Witchblade which came out awesome. She's sending me a couple of copies and I'll have to post them up here somewhere.

I'd be curious what her "take" is on Spider-Man and Batman. hm Has she done either before?

I haven't seen her do any Spider-Man or Batman but I did see a nice Batgirl and Harley Quinn, and.....Strawberry Shortcake never looked so good.

StrawberryShortcakewcolor.jpg

Here's here blog...has some of her art on it.