• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: breaking up with my girlfriend

127 posts in this topic

A dating thread with an actual girl in it?? This is a comic book forum . . right?

Good luck with the break-ups. From a person going through a divorce and been on a couple dates - girls deal with a kiss off a lot better if you are just honest and don't string it along.

Well, I think you have gotten a few words of wisdoms in here. Nothing wrong for having feelings of remorse that you may be hurting her, but definately stay with the honesty. If it's not working for you, it's not working. As time goes by, it would only get harder on both of you.

I agree. I also agreed to meet up with her one last time on Friday as friends. I remember being dumped by a girl last year and meeting her for the last time helped bring closure for me. So I'll do this for her too. I know I'm not the first person to go through this but it is always reassuring to here from other people. Thanks guys

I agree. I also agreed to meet up with her one last time on Friday as friends. I remember being dumped by a girl last year and meeting her for the last time helped bring closure for me. So I'll do this for her too. I know I'm not the first person to go through this but it is always reassuring to here from other people. Thanks guys

You sound like a stand up guy. Good luck.

you should post a picture of her after you break up with her.

you ain't the only one that needs closure. i'm thinking of the legion of dateless nerds and stalkers we have on here on a regular basis, present company excluded of course

you should post a picture of her after you break up with her.

you ain't the only one that needs closure. i'm thinking of the legion of dateless nerds and stalkers we have on here on a regular basis, present company excluded of course

:signfunny:

Depending on what she looks like, don`t be surprised if she picks up a new boyfriend before you start dating a new girlfriend. ;)

Women unless butt ugly or obese can get a date easier then a man.

I know it hurts our male ego to hear that but it`s true.

Depending on what she looks like, don`t be surprised if she picks up a new boyfriend before you start dating a new girlfriend. ;)

Women unless butt ugly or fat can get a date easier then a man.

I know it hurts our male ego to hear that but it`s true.

He's more than likely seeing another chick right now...

that's what really compels a dude to break it off is an upgrade from somewhere else.

:headbang:

I'm not interested in seeing anyone at the moment so I'm not "upgrading". I know she'll get another guy before I get another girl. It doesn't bother me.

I'm not interested in seeing anyone at the moment so I'm not "upgrading". I know she'll get another guy before I get another girl. It doesn't bother me.

just remember, "there is no sex in the chapagne room." I had to spend hundreds of $'s to figure that out. Although, throwing a platinum card at a bar to pay for a girls drink works wonders.

Women unless butt ugly or obese can get a date easier then a man.

Even the butt ugly and obese ones get it easier than guys. And even if it's down to booze, I reckon we've all done it :whistle:

Fat.jpg

You men, all think the same...Its no wonder! doh!

1. boobs

2. booze

3. boobs & booze together

4. cars

that's about all we think about...except for those deviants that have comics on the mind 24/7

And Football (thumbs u

1. boobs

2. booze

4. cars

that's about all we think about...except for those deviants that have comics on the mind 24/7

And Football (thumbs u

PowderPuff football goes under boobs. :makepoint:

about 7 years ago

What were you, like 6 then? :baiting:

1. boobs

2. booze

4. cars

It's funny you mention cars. When I was about 13 I remember one day not giving a mess about cars and the next day looking over car ads in the paper suddenly wondering why I love 'em so much. True story.

And now my favorite TV show is Top Gear out of Englandland

Anyone ever feel bad for breaking up with someone? I am a nice guy and I hate confrontation. She didn't cheat on me or anything, I just realized that we don't match very well. She is very sad I'm breaking up with her but I believe it's the right thing for me to do. I've never done this before. We've been through a lot in the past 2 months (long distance relationship) but it is becoming too much for me. Any thoughts?

She'll get over it...quicker than you think. Especially if she's as good looking as you've implied. Women tend to be more pragmatic about these things after the initial shock and sadness wears off. Men can wallow in self pity for months if they are on the wrong end of a breakup. When you see her with a new hairstyle, or new look, you'll know she's moved on. These are, of course, generalizations on my part, but they are usually right on.

1. boobs

2. booze

2.5 Food

4. cars

Fixed that.