• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does it look like a 9.4 to you ??

118 posts in this topic

Let me offer an opinion here from someone who actually held this book in hand.

With the exception of that upper right corner crease, this book is unbelieveably beautiful, and that's coming from someone whose pet peeve is corner creases (of any size). That indent on the top of the back cover did not exist when I owned it, not to my recollection anyway.

hm

With the exception of that upper right corner crease, this book is unbelieveably beautiful, and that's coming from someone whose pet peeve is corner creases (of any size). That indent on the top of the back cover did not exist when I owned it, not to my recollection anyway.

hm

Clearly the book has suffered from SCS. It's plain as day in the scans provided.

hm

Clearly the book has suffered from SCS. It's plain as day in the scans provided.

Is that what it took to bring you back?

:roflmao:

:applause:

hm

Is that what it took to bring you back?

:roflmao:

:applause:

:shy:

I actually called CGC for the notes. They said there were bends on the top of the back cover in the notes.

:foryou:

I actually called CGC for the notes. They said there were bends on the top of the back cover in the notes.

I'm aware of this. I'm also 100% positive that the book impacted the inner well....causing further damage to the top edge of the BC. :sumo:

I'm aware of this. I'm also 100% positive that the book impacted the inner well....causing further damage to the top edge of the BC. :sumo:

lol

This one graded 8.5 looks almost in better shape than the 9.4 for less than 10% of the price !

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fitems%2Easp%3Fid%3D3910%26FROM%3D%26TO%3D%26pg%3D3&id=782110

Looks like a spine rub. 8.5 is such a great grade for early - mid Silver marvels. Beautiful books for hundredths of pennies on the dollar in some cases. :cloud9:

This one graded 8.5 looks almost in better shape than the 9.4 for less than 10% of the price !

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fitems%2Easp%3Fid%3D3910%26FROM%3D%26TO%3D%26pg%3D3&id=782110

Looks like a spine rub. 8.5 is such a great grade for early - mid Silver marvels. Beautiful books for hundredths of pennies on the dollar in some cases. :cloud9:

Looks like an 8.5 too me (shrug)

Er...that one looks like a 7.5-8.0 to me.

Spine rub? General wear. And what's going on with the cover tear/stress on the machinery towards the bottom left of the front cover? (shrug)

Speaking of head scratchers, I am still waiting for someone to explain how this got a NM-. Wow.

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=7007&Lot_No=91265

:o

Jeez, what a turd.

Must be dyslexia in the printing room.

It's actually a 2.9. (thumbs u

It's the Newsboy copy and I am sure it is absolutely stunning in-hand, but 9.2 on that book is ludicrous unless there is something seriously wrong with the scan.

I can't help reading the title of this thread in a Samuel Jackson voice.

Jules: Does it look like a 9.4?

Brett: What?

[Jules shoots Brett in shoulder]

Jules: DOES IT LOOK LIKE A 9 POINT 4?

Brett: No!

Jules: Then why you try to sell it like one, Brett?

(For the record, I think the book does look like a 9.4)