• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cerebus #1 COUNTERFEIT being sold as genuine on ebay WARNING!!!

47 posts in this topic

Well, since you posted this, here are the photos to back it up.

I agree with Jad that this is not an authentic #1. It passes the sliver staple test, but it also has 4 staples instead of two. Really weird.. and we all know that staples can be replaced. The seller says the inner cover is not glossy, but you can clearly see in the photo that it is. There are also tiny art/printing differences between a real copy and the counterfeits.. this one exhibits all the quirks that I see on my counterfeit copies.

I don't think this guy is a scammer, rather he's just unaware that it is a counterfeit. The price is already way above counterfeit prices, so someone is going to get ripped off. Be warned.

Nah, he's a scammer. He wouldn't believe it's a counterfeit if it came slabbed, or in Dave Sim's hands, with the words "it's a counterfeit" coming out of his mouth. He may not have known ORIGINALLY that it's a counterfeit, but he does now, yet fails to do anything about it.

As you said, the book is quite clearly a counterfeit.

Gotta agree he has to know it is counterfiet now but after seeing $$$ he nt going to say anything. Some poor fella will get taken for his/her money. Wait until the snipes in the last 5 minutes, price gonna take off.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=wileycoyote373&&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller&iid=370197721568&sspagename=VIP:feedback:2:us

The buyer finally left feedback.

great book, fast shipping & well packed, thx!

I just dropped him a note and a link to this thread. What else can you do? :shrug:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=wileycoyote373&&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller&iid=370197721568&sspagename=VIP:feedback:2:us

The buyer finally left feedback.

great book, fast shipping & well packed, thx!

I just dropped him a note and a link to this thread. What else can you do? :shrug:

Thats all you could do. Its too bad more people dont check these boards out, and ask questions first before buying. It sounds like this guys going to be out of alot of dough?

DRX

From the auction description:

Also, I have marked the book in two places, so that only my representative from ebay and I know where the marks are. You will not catch them with the naked eye. Do not atempt to purchase this book and return a different copy. I am sorry to have to state this, but this scam has been attempted on us in the past.

Say hello to a :eek: purple label, potentially.

I just read through the entire thread and this part of the description screams SCAM to me. Most likely there were no "identifying marks" on the book in the first place. I'd be willing to bet that when the buyer returns the book, the seller will accuse him of substituing an unmarked counterfeit copy in place of his original with the secret identifying marks.

The old "I didn't scam you, you scammed me" defense...

As I said, this seller is a scam artist, through and through.

Not the obvious kind, too. No, the far worse kind...the guy who only SLIGHTLY overgrades, like only TWO full grades, instead of the usual FOUR, knowing the vast majority of buyers don't care. And they don't.

Then, of course, when he stumbles on the Mother Lode, he takes it for all it is worth. He knew very well it was the counterfeit. He chose to sell it anyways.

eBay didn't care...they were notified, but they are staffed by a bunch of braindead .

The buyer obviously didn't know.

So, I've sent him a message, too. He can maybe ignore 1 or 2, but he can't ignore all of us.

Don't let Wiley get away with so blatant a scam. Please.